Radio/Antenna Problem with new deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

wrelam

I did a a couple searches but didn't find something that seemed as specific as the problem I'm having.

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer and replaced the stock head unit with a Kenwood HD 545. Everything went smoothly and it will play CDs and play music from an auxilary source, but when I select HD Radio, it does not allow me to change the station, seek for stations, or do anything except change the source. As well, when it is on HD Radio, it will not produce any sound. I double checked the antenna plug into the back of the unit and replugged it in but that didn't change anything.

Does anyone know of something else I should be doing? I'm not sure if it's the antenna, or the connection, or my head unit. The stock one was working just fine with the radio before I put the new one in.

Well the way to access AM/FM is on the HD Radio source, you then hit the band button to switch between AM/FM/HD Radio, but, that band button doesn't do anything. The default setting is FM so currently all I know is that FM Radio does not receive any signal. Also, this deck comes with an HD tuner in it, so it should work... I think

Thanks for the quick reply!

Nevermind. For some reason it decided to start working today. I'm not exactly sure what happened but the HD Radio and other radio settings are working just fine now. I love this new deck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wrelam

wrelam
Boone, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Bfat567