Amp Cooling?.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

SacTownBully84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ive been tossing the idea around of using 120mm pc fans to do a push pull design on my amps for better cooling. (2x old sink saz1500ds) but i cam across this and i though well shi.y just set the amp ontop like a laptop LOL...would it work?.....they work for laptops so why not right.

!CChpfw!CWk~%24(KGrHqEOKnQEz0C1wSekBNLcYMoELQ~~0_1.JPG

That's alot of washers lol or some very thick ones.. You screwing the fans down somehow? Or are you screwing the amp down ontop of it? Rock some thin plexiglass with the fans in it on the bottom of the amp would be better IMO I just don't like using things in applications they weren't designed for.

actually, you should be able to strap that to the top of the amp, and cool where the heat is naturally transferring- the heatsink fins. the transistors are bolted/pasted to the main body, not the back cover, so there would virtually be no difference in cooling underneath the amp........on those, there really is only 2 wires connected to the usb connector. all usb is 5v, and so are many computer fans, so keep that in mind. you can find some std. case fans, and parallel them just fine. i have also run 5vfan on 12 supply without issue, other than it was crazy fast/loud for hundreds of hours (ps2 fan)...and many more options in conventional case fans for whatever "cool" factor suits your style. run them off a relay, or remote transistor style relay, for hooking more then the 500ma load to the deck remote.

... oh and "applications they were used for".......well, pretty much all those small cooling fans you see installed in everything from your game systems to recievers, head units, amps, and home receivers, are the very same cooling fans used in computers and lap-tops.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.