amp choice for 2xAA mayhem

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, so now i have bought 2xAA Mayhems 18s and am a little torn inbetween a few amps to choose from. Im in the Netherlands at the moment and have a few choices regarding amps.

1. 1xHifonics brx12000d (1x6000rms at 1ohm)

2. 1xGround zero gzpa1.6khcx (1x6000rms at 1ohm)

3. 2xMassive d8000 (1x3000rms at 1 ohm)

4. 2xPioneer PRS-D2000SPL (not sure the rms rating)

5. 2xGround zero gzpa 1.4000dxii (2400rms at 2ohm, 4000rms at 1ohm)

6. 1xHofonics genx4 maxximus dual mono(2x3000rms at 1ohm)

7. 2x Esx-se7000d (1x3500rms at 1 ohm)

8. 2xKicker zx2500.1

9. 2xKicker kx2400.1

10. 2xDigital designs m2b (2400rms at 1ohm 14v)

As you can see alot of choice.

Not sure if its better to get 1 big amp or 2 of the smaller ones.

Any info or advice would be highly appreciated.

My electrical is pretty good. Have a 300amp alt already waiting to be installed.

Car is a subaru forester.

Im not doing a wall.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply. Which of the 2 would be better? Do i get the 2 smaller ones or the one big one? And what makes the gzpa a better amp than the others? I mean i love the look of the ground zero amps. But just curious.

Thanks for your reply. Which of the 2 would be better? Do i get the 2 smaller ones or the one big one? And what makes the gzpa a better amp than the others? I mean i love the look of the ground zero amps. But just curious.

If those are your only options listed, than I would go with the two ground zero 4ks more power and if one amp blows than you still have another amp to get you by until you can get a second one again. Plus if you can get dd audio I would just do a dd m5 or two m4s. What's the the sub's coil configuration? What's your goal with this aetup ? And how many batts. Are you working with? We need more info to help you properly decide.

I'd go with at least 6k power for the Mayhems I ran 5k each to mine when I had them and they took the power just fine. But you'll need a good electrical foundation

Id do the larger amp. they are ****** amps!

Sweet thnx guys. Yeah those r the only options i can find in holland. The 2 groundzeros sound good. But so does the big gzpa. I really appreciate the input.

About my electrical

I have a mechmann 300amp alt.

2x trojan J185 agm batteries.

Big 3 upgrades.

0 gauge wire all

2 x 1ohm subs to a 1 ohm final load.

Compete once a year. But mainly a loud *** mofo daily driver.

Im going to start building the box soon. Will post pics once i start.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now someone has just told me a bout b2 audio he can offer me a b2 audio zero.7 (supposedly about 8000rms at 14.4v at 0.5ohm)

But not sure if b2 audio is better than ground zero. ****. Im so confused

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.