Amp busted during shipping?

Maybe they are the kind to repair instead/with low grade parts???
Wow, really...? We have been in this business (rebuilding Car Stereo Amplifiers for Manufacturers) for 7 years now (nearly a decade) and have a very good reputation, you must have been living under a rock last 7 years....... But anyway, to address your concern, No, we don't use low grade repair parts. 99% of the time we use better than the factory parts because most of the factory OEM parts in all amps made since about 2002 are made in china and we cannot even buy those parts here in the US, noone sells them... So we only use Premium parts from Authorized Distributors of said parts, like International Rectifier, Fairchild Semiconductor, Texas Instruments, ST Microelectronics, Vishay, etc...

Thats a bunch of BS!!!!! Why give a warranty if you dont have another in stock to replace??Maybe they are the kind to repair instead/with low grade parts???Try a quick test ..Take the amplifier to the car Batt, and hook up ground to ground, and poss with Remote, to poss batt terminal,replace the amp fuse anyway,sometimes you cannot see a bad fuse,should light rt up,Amp may be good, you have an issue with your wiring.If it does not light up, then there is deff an Issue with that amp..point blank.You can use 12 ga speaker wire to test with..your only testing for power supply nothing more..Yet usually works for me every time.
dB-R is authorized repair center for a bunch of top brands, I've used them a few times, and never ever read a bad report about him. Wish I noticed this comment earlier to point out how ignorant it is.

Been a while since I peeked at this forum. Glad we got that taken care of for you, it's funny how people attack us business's like right off the bat when something doesn't go right, but then when (as you posted here) we make it right... Crickets.... one comment, LOL... Carry on, glad we got you taken care of.
Only one question, why would we have an Auto Mechanic repairing an amplifier? Who does that? The only amps I ever had to use a socket wrench to work on was Stetsom amps, LOL.
One newb pulls something out of his arse.... Don't sweat it. You guys, Zed Audio, and Ampmedics are the only repair shops I'd consider 100% reliable and a quick search by said newb would have turned up that. Hope your shipping service made good on your cost of repairing the damage.... I know UPS is notorious for weaseling out of claims when their gorillas demolish packages.

dB-R is authorized repair center for a bunch of top brands, I've used them a few times, and never ever read a bad report about him. Wish I noticed this comment earlier to point out how ignorant it is.

One newb pulls something out of his arse.... Don't sweat it. You guys, Zed Audio, and Ampmedics are the only repair shops I'd consider 100% reliable and a quick search by said newb would have turned up. Hope your shipping service made good on your cost of repairing the damage.... I know UPS is notorious for weaseling out of claims when their gorillas demolish packages.

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, ignorant is understatement, but hey, it happens. Yes UPS ***** butt, we likely will be switching to FedEx soon, everyone else is too. No we just ate the cost on that deal, he did pay extra for 2 day return shipping back to him, should have received it Friday, hopefully all is well with it. We never claim to be perfect, but good, yes.

Wow, I didn't notice all the reply's after it got fixed, probably cause I was out banging my new **** lol. I wasn't trying to knock anybody when I created this, it was more "gimme some ideas of where to look for the problem if the amp was OK inside, while I wait" type of thing....

Yea, DB-r, everything is working flawless with the amp, she powered up just fine on the 1st try, and is banging away! Thanks for the great CS!

It's cool and your welcome, when you get ready for bigger power, give us a shout, we usually have something for sale. Glad it's working good now, hopefully will stay that way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.