Amp bought, box bought, sa-8 or tc epic 8?

npcout
10+ year member

PA
This is my last question, buying my sub tonight or tomorrow, I am sick of waiting and there are just way to many good options to consider any longer. I want good, clean, deep bass. I have a small hatchback so I don't need a lot of power, I want accurate deep bass with good midbass as well.

Amp: 500RMS Hifonics Mono Amp

Box: Tuned to 34hz, 1.0 internal volume ported

*This is the box designed for the JL 8W7. The place I get all of my car audio stuff done at sells jl exclusive. They do both my girls car and mine. They are offering me this box for 30$ if I get my girls system upgraded to the one I am removing from my car which I planned to do anyways.

Which sub: TC Epic 8 or SA-8?

Thanks guys and like i said for those who have answered multiple questions for me, this is last one, I need a new sub, I am sick of crappy kicker l5!

It depends on what you want -- the SA-8 will have the strongest low-end of any 8" driver I'm aware of in the smallest box.

You can find other drivers that may do certain things better but typically will want a bigger box volume.

That is a huge over statement. There are many other 8s out there that are better. I would venture to say even my TC1000 8" is better.
The only turn-off for me with the epic 8 is that I have searched everywhere and can't find a box size. Everyone is giving completely different specs for what the driver wants that I am completely lost. Would an epic 8 work in the box I mentioned?

It depends on what you want -- the SA-8 will have the strongest low-end of any 8" driver I'm aware of in the smallest box.
You can find other drivers that may do certain things better but typically will want a bigger box volume.
Will the SA-8 work well in the box I mentioned?

Thanks guys!

This is the box, I beleive the exact one at the car audio place I go to.

msw_8w7.jpg

# Double-Faced Front Baffle (for added woofer support)

# Net Int. Volume: 1.0 cu. ft.

# Tuned @ 34.33Hz for MAXIMUM "SQL"

Dimensions (W x H x D): 25.5" x 10" x 12"

You can use the SA-8 in that box, yes -- be sure it is the latest revision as it is on the bigger side and the newest ones are the most rugged. If you order new from SSA, dB-R, etc that is what you will get.

You can use the SA-8 in that box, yes -- be sure it is the latest revision as it is on the bigger side and the newest ones are the most rugged. If you order new from SSA, dB-R, etc that is what you will get.
I tried the SA8 in a larger enclosure, an it did pretty well. Seemed to like the .6-.7 area a bit better though.

The TC1ks like .8-1.2 from my testing.

Yep - we still suggest 0.6 for most applications.

The newest versions are also much more forgiving for larger enclosures -- the original units had a linear roll spider and we swapped to a progressive.

I planned on SSA, I may just use there custom box selection they have on their site, its within my price range.

Go with the SA-8... currently it is the baddest 8" car audio sub available!
11 post and joined this month and you are already on the forum boner.

Nothing wrong with the SA-8. Great sub from what I hear, so I cant give a personal experience with them. I do know first hand that the TC Sounds Epic is a great subwofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.