T/S parameters comparisson

Participant count
  • Participant list

benjdow
10+ year member

I was wondering if someone who is familiar with T/S parameters would compare the 2 sets I listed below. Brand name of the subs is irrelevant. I would just like to know how they compare, pros/cons of each, and different charachteristics. I'm asking, since I obviously don't know much about sub specs.

Sub A

FS 35.8Hz

RE 3.14 ohms

QMS 7.9

QES 0.654

QTS 0.607

VAS L 49.78

MMS 360.3 g

CMS 54.78 uM/N

BL 19.7 Tesla-M

SPL 87.5dB (1W/1M)

Sub B

RE: 3.8 ohms

Fs: 36.83 Hz

Qes: 0.376

Qms: 3.8558

Qts: 0.342

Le: 2.956 mH

Vas: 60.77 L

BL: 25.28 NA

Cms: 67.02 uM/N

Mms: 270 grams

Sens: 90.91 dB 1w/1m

more specific on your conditions/desires. sub b sounds like a mid-level versitile sub that likes ported enclosure, probably "name brand" ppcone, and in the 400w range. sub "a" sounds more power-hungry, and geared toward spl, and sealed enclosures. are they both 12's? 15's? what do you want out of them? also, knowing what sub they are, and how it's made, can point to how they will break-in and change. ok, i guess to kind-of answer your question......

sub a: not quite as strong, or forecefull, but can probably be abused and like just a tad lower, but is less efficient, and likely lacks in sq, especially in higher frequencies. the cone assembly is heavier, the motor is weaker, and it's force is also a little lacking, compared to "b"

b: an all-around better looking sub, that has greater motor and cone force, with less resistance, and higher efficiency. down/upside (depending on what you want) it will mainly be at home in a ported enclosure, since it has low coushining, which means you are going to have to watch for excursion at the roll-off, however, the lighter cone assy will help out in the area, and so will it's stiffness, or "spring-back" at/close to it's x-mech (mechanical limits)

do you have the rest of the parameters?

....i would also like to say that this is my personal opinion, and i am just a novice/hobbyist, but there are those on this forum that could probably tell you exactly what 2 subs those are....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.