amp and sub help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guero0713

Dallas
Hello,

I just got a good deal on a 12" dvc 2 omh. I also have a 1 omh stable amp at 1000w. the 12 is rated at 1400w max and 400w rms. I want to wire it to 1 omh and get the most from the amp.

If I wire for 1 omh will that blow the speaker or should I just stay at 2 omh?

Thank you in advance for any help.

if it's a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub your only options are 1 or 4 ohms... What kind of sub is it? I was just overpowering a 12" dual 2 ohm Pioneer that's rated at 400 / 1400 (rms / peak) by about at least double, with the gain set way low... and it did work, but after awhile of constant music the sub started to smell as it was burning up so I took it off of that amp and its fine now, no more smell now, running it at 425 rms and that's all it needs for sure... No need to overpower these

it is a pioneer tsw309d2 I just got it for $40 bucks. the hifonics amp will also do 750w at 2 omhs and 475 at 4 omhs.

thank you both for the quick replies

I have already blown 2 DB drive subs. I am knew to this and am learning some expensive leasons

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.