Amp advice

Theres a wiring tutorial on this site, it will explain all of your wiring options.

After you learn that, check out the classifieds-theres usually quite a few amps in there.

Need an amp under $200 for this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CaMHF66oqBm/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=217950&I=2065C10VR4

Though I only pay $80 for it at ebay, anyway recommendations much appreciated (I was looking at mono amps, but where I really need the help is with the 4ohms DVC deal)
DVC 4 Ohm means that the Comp VR subwoofer you purchased has two coils with each one measuring a nominal reading of around 4 Ohms.

When wired in parallel, like this:

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif
it will yield you a nominal impedence load of 2 Ohms (as depicted in the diagram)

When wired in series, like this:

1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif
it yields an 8 Ohm nominal load.

With that information you can plan your amplifier purchase according to what the amp in question's power output is at whatever impedence load it is rated to operate at safely.

My best "just off the top of my head" suggestion for an amp for that sub on a budget is on this page.

Scroll down to the 400MSX. It outputs 300 watts when shown a 2 Ohm load which is perfect for your sub as it can be configured into a 2 Ohm load (review above) and it is rated for 300w RMS input. Kindof a good match, eh? And for $50 + shipping with a valid factory warranty the price will prove almost impossible to beat value vs. dollar.

Another question and I apologize for the ignorance, but I've noticed that theres two speaker inputs on all mono amps, and I'm only using one sub. Is the RMS per speaker output all total. For example the mtx 420d is 300w rms X 1 @ 2ohms (so thats 300 per speaker output or 150 for each with a total of 300) Or do I have to bridge it in order to make the amp work at 2 ohms with the total of 300, if so is it like this with all mono amps (at least most of them) each sub output is 4 ohms; and bridged is 2 ohms.

Another question and I apologize for the ignorance, but I've noticed that theres two speaker inputs on all mono amps, and I'm only using one sub. Is the RMS per speaker output all total. For example the mtx 420d is 300w rms X 1 @ 2ohms (so thats 300 per speaker output or 150 for each with a total of 300) Or do I have to bridge it in order to make the amp work at 2 ohms with the total of 300, if so is it like this with all mono amps (at least most of them) each sub output is 4 ohms; and bridged is 2 ohms.
if you wire the sub down to 2 ohms and run one set of wires to the amp. you can put it in eaither speaker "a" or speaker "b" connection and will recive 300 watts at 2 ohms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the 2 of the connections are there for when you are wiring more woofers together but even then i dont see the point.

After much thinking I've decided to go with the MTX Thunder TA2301 for $170.00 including shipping vs the Kicker zx300.1 for $150.00 with shipping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.