amp addiction anybody else share

Wow thats the bad boy i was talking about very cool and rare. Any of the high powered old alpines are hard to find. not as hard to find this one is a gem

does anybody here fix amps or know of anyone that fixes them?

i have a good knowledge of some fixes but when the fets blow it usually takes out some other components and well i can't replace the tiny 2mm newer components. i need someone that loves the work and is not a legitimate business. parts for amps are super cheap and not half as hard as you think it would be. it just takes an understanding of how the circuitry works. i have a JL 500/1 mono... power no sound. 2 hifonics, one is a 1200 mono and the other is 1500 x 2 channels. i have a kicker ZX700.5 as well. they all have burnt fets. the kicker retails at $400 used and have 10 new fets for replacement with it. would trade the amps for the repair of my JL 500/1 and i guess the hifonics 1500 x 2. i have a few other amps as well i could throw in on the deal. also would pay for parts for my repairs.

Looks like US Acoustics is trying for a comeback and they look very nicely built as well..I wouldnt mind trying the new version out just to be able to experience it along the side of one sitting of same power to reveal from old and new.That Id like to see some test results upon:naughty:I think that would be interesting
Well, I will be running two Nicks, and a Barbara Ann here soon ..... They do well above rated power ....

Actually, I will have 2 of the first 5 Nick's sold for production ....

Well, I will be running two Nicks, and a Barbara Ann here soon ..... They do well above rated power ....
Actually, I will have 2 of the first 5 Nick's sold for production ....
Veeeery Nice!!Let us know how they perform sir! Always interested in reviews,of actual individuals experiencing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I only have equipment that I use in my truck. If I'm not using it, it gets sold so I can spend the money on something I'm gunna use. I didn't get all the equipment in my sig by hoarding stuff. I got it from buying low and sell high and buying equipment I'm gunna use. Not sit on a shelf.
This^^^^^^^^

[quote name='Bain']does anybody here fix amps or know of anyone that fixes them?
i have a good knowledge of some fixes but when the fets blow it usually takes out some other components and well i can't replace the tiny 2mm newer components. i need someone that loves the work and is not a legitimate business. parts for amps are super cheap and not half as hard as you think it would be. it just takes an understanding of how the circuitry works. i have a JL 500/1 mono... power no sound. 2 hifonics, one is a 1200 mono and the other is 1500 x 2 channels. i have a kicker ZX700.5 as well. they all have burnt fets. the kicker retails at $400 used and have 10 new fets for replacement with it. would trade the amps for the repair of my JL 500/1 and i guess the hifonics 1500 x 2. i have a few other amps as well i could throw in on the deal. also would pay for parts for my repairs.[/QUOTE]
@ampjunkielikeme ;

Veeeery Nice!!Let us know how they perform sir! Always interested in reviews,of actual individuals experiencing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
you will know how they do. hopefully will have it all in and ready for Ground & Pound in Sept. I will have some termlab shots for you ...

you will know how they do. hopefully will have it all in and ready for Ground & Pound in Sept. I will have some termlab shots for you ...
Excellent!! I am at a standstill on my wall at the moment..I should still be ready for a metering next year at Austins Heat Wave..Looking forward to it,,but not the heat..LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.