amp addiction anybody else share

Does not matter if your rich or if you are poor . Majority off us it a expensive money loosing hobby . But i love my little collection lol. Would like to make money at it .

Somebody must seen one benched every body talkes how the old school fosgate do way overrated. Which i cant see every amp i seen tested on utube steve mead desings big dwizzz old school .com they do a little over rated but a huge difference no. So much bs u hear from guys saying old school amps are way underrated. Yes buy some but not buy a huge numbers like a lot claim. Any body seen the 800a2 on the bench to see its numbers

Anybody seen the rockford fosgate 800a2 on the bench nobody. But hey everybody says they do way overrated lol no records. Off couse it does a little better then rated . Cause there specs where at 13.8 not 14.4 . How is a rockford fosgate 800. 2 for sq . some of u old school boys must know

Anybody seen the rockford fosgate 800a2 on the bench nobody. But hey everybody says they do way overrated lol no records. Off couse it does a little better then rated . Cause there specs where at 13.8 not 14.4 . How is a rockford fosgate 800. 2 for sq . some of u old school boys must know
I have never seen one benched before,( I enjoy Big D,and his testings/) but I did have a good friend of mine in the past run one @2ohms mono on a pair of RE 12s and it did great..just ran pretty warm alot.As far as SQ, Im not real sure on it..last RF amp I ever owned was a DSM 4080,and was fairly clean,but my USA US Acoustics Series 11 4080 seemed to be a cleaner,and louder amp than the RF 4080, from my experiencing. Im sure that the 800 is alot cleaner than most amps you will find today, and would be a nice amp to place on any front stage..Id run it

I still feel like the Alpine Duo-b 35 series amps were some of the top contenders of SQ amps ever made even up to date with along the lines of ADS,some SStreams, like the USA series,and several others. People still look for the Alpine Duo-b series amps for SQ, and older Zed made amps,Macintosh,Linear Power,and some old Sonys

Looks like US Acoustics is trying for a comeback and they look very nicely built as well..I wouldnt mind trying the new version out just to be able to experience it along the side of one sitting of same power to reveal from old and new.That Id like to see some test results upon:naughty:I think that would be interesting

I had a old school alpine and man was it very warm i do believe it was duo b 1993-1995 ish 30x30 model was a series of numbers. I look around for the big old school 2ch all the hard to find would like to have the ones that do 150x2

800.2 RF will make up over 1000 rms, and at 2 ohms mono will push over 1200rms .... but will tend to run hot, and end up swelling the caps eventually. I have some OS mtx amps that do well above rated also.

As far as SQ goes, the 800.2 is a little better than most newer amps out today. In stereo mode it only has a .05THD @ rated rms. Even ran ballz out in mono, it still manages a .1% THD ....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.