@!@!@ American Legacy vs. Rockford Fosgate @!@!@

rayan66
10+ year member

I just bought 2 12" Rockford Fosgate He2 subs. I haven't got them yet, and I don't even have a box.

my question is HOW WELL do you think my 1600 watt AMERICAN LEGACY amp will power the 2 subs. They are rated at apox 400 watts each RMS peaking at800 watt.

Im thinking about invesating in a R.F. amp, something along the lines of a 1000.2 or so. What is the rule of THUMB on how the R.F. ams are over rated? add a couple hundred? or what?

ANy replys would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

ANYONE IN THE BAY AREA INTERESTED in 2 R.F. 10" PUNCH SUBS In MTX individual SEALED BOXES, lemme know. 200 watts each @ 8 ohm. Becuase they are soo new, i am asking 100 for the set. Conencted to HOUSE AMP, shakes the HOUSE!

thanks.

All, or at least the ones that I have seen, are overrated. My 250x2 was rated at 362 watts and my 400x4 was rated at 589 watts. I love Fosgate amps the only problem with them is that sometimes they can overheat if you dont get one with enough power to push your subs.

1000.2???? dont make em, sorry. u can get the 1000.1, but it only runs 1000 watts at 2 ohms. u can also get the 800.2 which will run 800 watts at a 4ohm bridged config.it'll beat the crap out of the legacy amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.