American Bass XD 8" sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr_naler

Would this sub play 63-150Hz well on 200w rms, in a well made box?

I am thinking about placing a single 8" sub in the front of my car to pick up the slack between my two RF P2 12" subs, and my JBL 5x7 components. The subs don't like to play above 63Hz and my speakers don't like playing below 125Hz. I want to upgrade my front sound stage with the Precision Power 3-way set, but from what I hear I will still have the same problem. I felt like this could be an effective means to remedy the problem, albeit not the norm.

It would work. A lot of people will chime in about cancellation and not having different sized subs mixed in a system. However, I have not found that problem when running subs up front, with subs out back, set to different crossover points. If they were in the same box, or facing the same direction, yes you would have cancellation.

I have a set of 8" Aura woofers in the doors of my bus, with passive crossovers at 500hz. They pick up anything from about 40hz - 300+hz... I have tremendous midbass that I can match to my 6.5" coaxes and finally the 12" subs fill out the 70hz and below.

man, I got nothing but good things to say about these subs, louder than my sa8's, hits the low notes with authority, way under rated....

CAM00055_zpse9a663bd.jpeg

tuned to 32 hz......

and i got those facing in and a single 10 in the trunck and they marry very nicely, I'd give it a shot.....

You will probably want to play around with what direction the sub faces before you build a permanent box. I have listened to truck systems with subs in the center console facing up and you could hear a lot more detail.... Which could be a problem. If you have the sub facing forward, it should dampen the high freqs a little bit and blend a little better... Just a thought! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm going to pick up a Rockford P2 today and play around with the box design a bit. I'm hoping to up fire and still be able to use the arm rest. We'll see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.