American Bass VFL Hybrid 4480.1D Mini

been using my vfl 4480.1 for a couple of weeks now, it puts out great power, blows my hifonics bxi 1610D out of the water and it never gets warm running full blast during a 2 hour drive at .5 ohms. One thing to note, my friend tried it on his car, and it didnt perform very well because his electricals were **** at 12.5-12.8 volts basically he had to bass boost +12db and gains to 70% to get any real volume off his 500 rms sub. With this amp you gotta maintain at the very minimum of 13 volts and up or else output drops a lot, i only needed gains at 50% and all bass boost off to get full output from my FIQ15 with my electricals at a steady 13.9-14.2 volts.

only frustrating thing its 4 gauge inputs so you either have to use a reducer or a short distro block run. Also it only has rca inputs but no outputs so its harder to run multiple of these if you normally daisy chain stuff.

my buddy was using 4 gauge only and that also limited the power it puts out.

All in all, its a very efficient amp but you gotta treat it right, like taking it out to dates, buying it chocolates, cooking it dinner etc..

What does this amp do at 2 ohms? I maybe thinking about running it at 2 ohms with the Obsidian 12v2-D2 if the new Obsidian 12v3-D4 don't start pre-ordering soon lol.

@mylows10; what would it take to run two of these amps to a single DVC sub? Y adapter RCAs and gain match each amp? thats the only route?

[quote name='SMS']@mylows10; what would it take to run two of these amps to a single DVC sub? Y adapter RCAs and gain match each amp? thats the only route?[/QUOTE]

or a maxxlink ,thats the only 2 ways .i did the y splitter ,when i ran mine , i bought a maxxlink , but never got to use it.got burned for one of my amps ,and sold the other before

That's a tiny lil amp... is it a brt? Brt might be patented (rf)

At any rate that lil sucker is a beast. Nice review op.

They are rated at 2200 rms at 1 ohm. I've seen them clamped at .5 rising to 1 ohm and getting 2500+ rms
these little bishes got my attention. 2500rms clean? and will they run .5ohm daily? i have a good charging system

I'm curious as well how this amp can possibly make 2k+ watts if its only fused at 120A? Being generous at 15V the absolute maximum rms wattage this amp could put out is 1800 watts. Thats even at 100% efficiency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

audiobaun

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
audiobaun
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies