American Bass VFL-Hybrid 150.4 issues.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SilverSquared
10+ year member

Fat guy on the GROUND.
I bought a pair of American Bass VFL-Hybrid amps for a stealth install in my Hyundai Veloster.

Well, that never happened, so Now I am putting everything into my '05 Silverado with the Bose LUX system. I've replaced the stock Nav unit with a JVC dbl din. This weekend I deadened all 4 doors and installed my front stage, while at it I did the Big 3, and of course ran the stretch to the rear of my cab. Also ran a Stinger 6 channel RCA signal set.

My front stage is American Bass VFL 65 MBs with Massive Audio DT05 tweets and splitting the signal are some Polk passive X-overs.

Well the 4channel VFL, the 150.4 is giving me some issues. When I connected everything, I had all 4 channels set at 0 gain, and full pass, controlling the freqs with the HU.

Upon powering up, it came to life, lights on, the whole goodness...or so I thought.

No audio. None. So, I set my volume kinda low, but not 'too' low. The rear doors are still powered by the HU. So, I decide to turn the gain up just a hair. Maybe 10%, tops. Still no audio. Blue power light is on, no audio. I change the fade to front only, no change.

I look down, protect light lit up.

So, I try to check everything out. I get the other VFL Hybrid, the 2680.1 and install it. Perfect. No issues AT ALL. I put the 150.4 in. Protect light flashes 1 time as its powered up, then nothing. Fuses are all good. Changed the blade on amp to be sure.

So, I go to Wal Mart, get a dual 400w 2 channel....it works flawlessly, not a clean sound, but plays, lol.

Any idea whats the issue?

Tomorrow I will bring it to a shop north of Houston to see if they can tell me the issue with it.

If anyone knows what could be the problem, pls let me know.

Dropped it off at a shop today, guy said he would get to it 1st thing in the AM and let me know before noon.

If this guy holds up as I hope...he's getting my HCCAs...both 2100s and the 250.

Talked to the shop today. Technician told me the power supply was fried, and a few resistors outside of the PS.

So, the AB VFL Hybrid 150.4 cant handle the initial electrical jolt from connecting the amp to power source?

This is the VERY 1st time out of hundreds of installs that I have ever seen this happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.