American Bass subs?

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
Are these subs any good? Does anybody here run them? They look good but dont know anything about them. Thanks 

THATpurpleKUSH

Fuckyou
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Yes they offer great performance for the $, many people on here use them. Which model were you looking at?

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes they offer great performance for the $, many people on here use them. Which model were you looking at?
Either the tnt or xfl models based on wattage. Of course not knowing anything about them, curious to know if they are geared toward spl or sq.

THATpurpleKUSH

Fuckyou
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Either the tnt or xfl models based on wattage. Of course not knowing anything about them, curious to know if they are geared toward spl or sq.
What they sound like depends on the box you put them in and they are installed in the vehicle. The XFLs are the better series. They sound pretty good and get loud. 

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
Both of those will get loud but the xfl will typically sound better from my experience.

American is based on spl designs. They can sound good but they are not designed to be sound quality competition subs

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Almost all of there sub lines are sub $200 so there mostly used on budget builds. They consistently revise/update there design so they never fall too far behind from the rest of the brands. 

They mostly lean towards SPL but can sound okay daily on low tuned boxes with enough box space. 

TNT and XFL (the two you mentioned) are good if you want a sub that can take power, get loud, and sound okay in a good box. 

If you want more SQ then there XR and XD series are designed more for daily music. 

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
Well sounds like maybe these arent for me. I lean more to sq side, but definitely just daily driving and music, no competition here. Thank you for all the input.

THATpurpleKUSH

Fuckyou
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Well sounds like maybe these arent for me. I lean more to sq side, but definitely just daily driving and music, no competition here. Thank you for all the input.
If you want sq look for soft suspension, low fs and low inductance. 

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Daily driving subwoofer I would do something more along the lines of image dynamics or audiofrog 

• Thanks
Reactions: Jeremy11

Jeremy11

Apr 13, 2018
Budget,power,space?
Unfortunately I don't have those answers at this time. Toying with getting a new car so I will be starting from scratch. Tired of dealing with a trunk. Thinking hatch or suv, seems the way to go.

yamomluvsme

itssobig
Dec 4, 2018
Unfortunately I don't have those answers at this time. Toying with getting a new car so I will be starting from scratch. Tired of dealing with a trunk. Thinking hatch or suv, seems the way to go.
Hatch!! Having a hatch is like having a wall

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.