am i the only one getting tired of this Type R hype?

lol, ya whats is with the Type-R boner??? 4 years ago when I had 4 Type-r 15's people would be like "alpine sux" "get some kicker comps" and now that I sold them their the ****? man I'm not about to try to keep up with the weekly woofer boner.

fvck it

im selling all my woofers and going to Type Rs

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I heard Type R's twice and both times I was like , ummm ok

whats the big hype about. They were ok but nothing like WOW I got to have one now

fvck itim selling all my woofers and going to Type Rs

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I heard Type R's twice and both times I was like , ummm ok

whats the big hype about. They were ok but nothing like WOW I got to have one now
I agree, they are nice SQ wise but nothing to write home about. It's like I havn't popped in here for a few months and now we all have a Type-R boner? sorry I'll keep my setup, It kills the 3 type R setups I've heard/installed: my dads 1-12 sealed w/300 watts in a is-300, dads 1-12 loaded ported box with 400 in a pathfinder, and my bro's 2 15's sealed with 900 in a maxima

I am new here and had bought a Type R before becoming a member. The car is an old street rod that my father and myself have built. I bought an all Alpine system just mainly for looks and not to worry about installation. This thing is all show and didn't need to go. The amp is an all-in-one 5 channel that was bought simply for ease of installation. The sub got hooked up to the one dedicated weak channell of the amp. I didn't build a box for the sub, just mounted it to a plate behind the custom rear seat and let the trunk do the box work for me (infinite baffell). I did all this work over a couple days after closing time at the old stereo shop I once worked at years back and they looked at me like I was crazy. I constantly remimded everyone that questioned me that it was for looks only.

But, after getting all of it done and doing a little tweaking, the system sounded very good. The sub even hit strong and clean. Not an SPL monster, but much better than any of us expected! I didn't know anything about the subs when I bought one. I just got it for a cheap price and was glad it matched my other components. Now, I see many on here in love with them. It has me wondering what they will do under more extreme conditions. So, there will be a set of 15's coming very soon for my next big install. Then and only then will I know if they are all hype and just a good sub for a cheap setup, or if they are a bargain and perform like much more expensive subs.

If they are great for the cash, I just may have to start another thread about it when the time comes.

Hey, If a woofer comes out that blows away everything else beyond its price range, its gonna get popular. The same thing happened with the Ascendant audio, as well as a whole slew of other companies. Another reason the type r is so popular is because its widely available, even those ignorent kids at your school can go to a shop and buy one.

You people make me laugh. I mean alot of car audio is in the install. Period! I have take 2 old mtx roadthunders and made them sound pretty loud and clean. I have also had some monster subs that you cant even sit in the car. I have also had some systems where you sit in it and you are like is the bass on? I mean every application is different. I wish this hype, good or bad would just end. Now lets everyone get on the bandwagon of that.

just my experience...

I know this is totally install dependent. I only tried one amp, one box, one car for both subs. I didn't meter them nor am I an expert at car audio.

This was my origional setup for this car (1986 chevrolet caprice 2 door)

4/0 wire

hifonics bx1605d amp

2 12" 05 type r's

bought box off ebay (it is a ported box custom built by someone for the type r's...i gave him specs i wanted he built it)

wired subs w/ 10 guauge to 1 ohm

used no gain and set the input voltage on my amp correctly

ran the subs for about 14 hrs before i went above 1/2 max volume on amp

the result=ok. I was impressed by the output because the system I had before was a lot weaker. It rattled about everything in my car...including the annoyting sound coming from the sunroof. It seemed to distort at higher volumes (about 85% of max) and continue all the way up. I was impressed by the lower volume output (about 50% from amp) and the subs push hard. Excursion was excellent and had no problems. I had this setup for about 2 weeks

Next setup

same 4/0 wire

same amp

1 kicker 15" solo baric (2 ohm model)

custom box built by me tuned to 38 hz (4.5 cubic feet)

no gain

used 10 gauge to wire subs (used no connectors this time, just ran wire through the port...i know it is probably a no no it gave me more output though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif )

the result=at first i was VERY dissapointed...i had tried a friends box (same specs as mine) in my car and it was louder than my hype r's. After about 4 hrs of the subs loosening up (I didn't play them at more than 25% volume for that time) I was sitting at a stoplight just playing a song and the sub came alive. It just sort of snapped into a nice sounding sql sub (even though I know the kicker isn't). After about 10 more hours of playing time (i drive about 50-100 miles a day so it was within a few days) It really came alive. It is definetly an spl sub...but to tell you the truth. It sounds better in my install than the type r's. A lot less distortion at higher volumes (it is also getting more watts about 800 rms compared to the type r's getting 400 rms about each sub) it only distorts at about 95% of max volume. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif I am VERY impressed by this sub and the output is fair. It is no ground shaking, show stopping setup at all. I am not really looking for this. I am just trying to get fairly loud--with one sub. It really impressed me though...it shakes my moonroof slider so bad that it goes back about 1/2 way when stopped at a light listening to a good bass song (late night tip or young jeezy-air forces 2) It is noticably louder than the type r's. I have no idea what db...but I am definetly getting it metered. The 1 sub setup is definetly the way to go...in my install.

And just to clear it up...this is one install, one car, one amp, one box for each setup. No dynomat (just rattles) and the wires are really not high quality IMO (streetwires) and I do not have the big 3 or anything. My alternator is that off of a 9C1 police car (120 amps) and I am not running a capacitor. Yes, my lights dim a lot, I just turn it down at night. I'm getting a truck anyways...what do i care???

Anyways, thats my hype r conclusion. for my setup the kicker worked better for me. I still think they are good subs but definetly not the best IMO

all you against the R, if this was a W7 , or a XXX bandwagon im sure alot of you wouldnt be saying anything, like stated in others threads, YOU ARE REALLY THE PROBLEM , BECAUSE YOU KNOW ON THE POST PAGE WHERE IT HAS ALL THE LISTINGS, YOU DUMBA$$'S ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO CLICK ON A TYPE R THREAD , THEN YOU MUST BE DUNB ENOUGH TO SIT HERE AND READ THEM, THATS THE DUMBEST THING YOU IDIOTS! SHUT UP ABOUT THE TYPE R AND KEEP ALL YA'LLS SOFT AZZ'S OUT OF TYPE R THREADS, YOU ACT LIKE THIS ISNT CAR AUDIO, I DONT CARE IF THEY MENTION IT A BILLION TIMES, ISNT THIS CAR AUDIO? SO ,NOW THAT I FEEL BETTER IF YOU ARE READING THIS RIGHT NOW IN DISGUST, YOU MUST BE A HATER, AND CHOOSEN TO VIEW A TYPE R THREAD...CASE CLOSED...LOL TO ALL THE FOOLS WHO ARENT FOR THE R

This is what I am tired of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

all you against the R, if this was a W7 , or a XXX bandwagon im sure alot of you wouldnt be saying anything, like stated in others threads, YOU ARE REALLY THE PROBLEM , BECAUSE YOU KNOW ON THE POST PAGE WHERE IT HAS ALL THE LISTINGS, YOU DUMBA$$'S ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO CLICK ON A TYPE R THREAD , THEN YOU MUST BE DUNB ENOUGH TO SIT HERE AND READ THEM, THATS THE DUMBEST THING YOU IDIOTS! SHUT UP ABOUT THE TYPE R AND KEEP ALL YA'LLS SOFT AZZ'S OUT OF TYPE R THREADS, YOU ACT LIKE THIS ISNT CAR AUDIO, I DONT CARE IF THEY MENTION IT A BILLION TIMES, ISNT THIS CAR AUDIO? SO ,NOW THAT I FEEL BETTER IF YOU ARE READING THIS RIGHT NOW IN DISGUST, YOU MUST BE A HATER, AND CHOOSEN TO VIEW A TYPE R THREAD...CASE CLOSED...LOL TO ALL THE FOOLS WHO ARENT FOR THE R
wow such hostility, did some one get mad that i said something bad about the type r, well read my post again cause i said nothing about the type r sounding bad or that it *****. so calm the **** down. i was here during the xxx bandwagon and all of the others, and yeah i got annoyed with it then, actually just when the threads take up 3/4s of the page. oh and no who said that i read the threads? i dont, but i do notice that its everywhere...

dont think that i havent heard the type R, ive heard the old and new, in good and bad installs so yeah dont think i havent. i didnt say that they **** or anything i just said that its getting overwhelming.

yeah i did start another topic about the type r, but to see who else feels the same way. all use some of the excuses in here, dont click on the thread.

How about.... stfu? and get a life? Your the dumbass for starting another Type R thread. Prehaps if you'd actually heard a Type R in a good install you'd prob. jump the bandwagon too. Quit wasting our time, if you don't like them.. you don't have to click on the threads. Dumbass.
ive heard a couple, there good for the money yeah but there is better, hell if i wanted to sway a comparason all id have to do is build one box to the specs of one sub then swap in the other and guess what, most likely the sub that the box is built for will sound better. like i said dont think that i havent heard them...

Hey.. I was just implying that this kid makes no sense at all. We really don't need to get into comparing them again. Seeing that theres about 200,000 other threads that justify that atm.
i make no sense at all how so? i made a post seeing who else felt the same way, just curious oh and yeah my point exactly "200,000" threads, dont you think that that would/is hard to avoid? cause i sure as hell do. so you say dont click on them (which i dont), but there are a **** load of threads, and you say im a dumbass? first of all your calling me a kid but i state my opinion and you dont like it and get all pissy.

once again i didnt say that type r was bad or good, ****** or was awesome i was just saying that it has gotten to the point where it is a little overwhelming and everywhere.

last time i checked btw i was the only one who has posted something that could be interpreted as being negative towards the type r, but if you would actually have read the post then would have realized i did no such thing, quote me if i bashed the type r in anyway shape or form.

thank you to the guys who see what im talking about

like i said in my first post before i went out, im glad you all found subs that you like and enjoy great for you but come on

there was a type r thread made jsut for all that crap yet everyone keeps making new post after new post about it i don't read them but that doesn't mean i am not tired of looking in the sub section to see it full of nothing but type r

Even though I bought a few...i agree with this statement completely. There was a thread made just for talking about the TYpe R. This is where I ask all my questions about them, but the rest of you should stop opening up new threads..

I honestly dont think anyone should b*tch about the Type R hype unless they have actualy tried it. Ok, you all are tired of hearing about it. So? Your RE subs arent getting the attention like they used to. Of course some of you dont have the RE subs. I remember a time when the new forum Boner was RE. I think you all are just getting mad that a $130 sub is taking a crown. I myself was getting a lil tired of hearing about it, but did you see me b*tching about it? NO. I went out and got a pair to try for myself. I, myself can see what all the hype is about. A pair of quality 12's that has great SPL and great SQ for $230 shipped to my house.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.