Aluminum Wire???

Participant count
  • Participant list

ratswitfuzytail
10+ year member

a friend of mine is a electrician and i asked him if he could get me 1/0 guage wire cheap. he was telling me he could get me aluminum wire cheaper than copper for just 2 bucks a foot. I thought that aluminum doesnt conduct very well (i dont know if the wire is some alloy or not)he tells me it is the wire they use to hook a house up to the power lines on the streets

Anyone know id the stuff will get the job done in my car or should i stick with copper

Knu sells copper clad aluminum wire. its 90% aluminum and works just fine. not sure if that 10% copper is that big a deal. maybe someone with a little more knowledge can chime in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.