alternator wire

sadly this hobby aint cheap. Just give up the couple bucks tomorrow and buy some 4ga. What I did was just buy a 2ga amp kit off ebay for 30, that way I had more than enough wire and had other **** left over for spare parts.

See ultimate157's post above. You are going to need 3 (three) 8-gauge wires to match the load carrying capacity of one 4-gauge wire.

If you just spent the money for a new alternator, why not splurge the couple bucks and get wire that can properly carry its load? The cost/value analysis here seems obvious.

I'll put it this way: next few times you eat at McDonalds, pass on the supersized meal and instead place the 59 cents or whatever extra it is into your glovebox. Before you know it you will have enough for a length of 4 gauge wire.

(I don't mean to be condescending or anything, I too eat at McDonalds sometimes. Good luck!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.