Alternator Whine

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alternator Whine Description

I have very very slight whine when my front channel amp is connected. But when I add my tweets and rear channel amp into the mix the whine becomes outrageous.

Equipment

Headunit: Kenwood dpx500bt

Equalizer: Clarion eqs746

RCA: KnuKonceptz Bassik 2 Channel 5 Meter OFC RCA Cable for fronts, rears and tweets, and sub amps

Front Amp: Crenscendo Symphony 550/2

Tweeter and Rears Amp: Kicker zx 350.4

Sub Amp: Crenscendo BC2000

Wire: KnuKonceptz 0 Guage CCA

Battery: Duralast 100ah AGM

Alternator: Stock 130a

Addition Infomation

I have had alternator whine for over 2 years just kinda dealt with it. 2 months ago I gave up and spend hours trying to fix it. I Have since replaced my headunit, rcas, and tweets and rears amp twice. I am at the point of giving up and will do or pay anything to get rid of this horrid whine.

My car, Chevy Cobalt LT 2010, has the battery in the back. My amps are also in the back. This help because all of my power and ground wires for my amps are under 3 feet long. For grounds my battery is grounded to the factory location in the trunk with 0 gauge. My sub amp is grounded with 2 0 guage runs to the battery. Then my front and rear amps are grounded to the factory location. I have tested the resistance of all the ground wires and they all result in 0.00 - 0.01 ohms. My alternator is also grounded with 0 gauge in the front of my car. My headunit is also grounded to my steering wheel column.

I can provide any information needed and pictures if it helps too

I appreciated any feedback thank you

So after my headunit broke and I replaced it today I hooked everything up using the ground from the battery to the headunit and the whine is even worse. I then ran new rcas outside the car to the amps and that affected nothing. I am completely stumped on this.

So after moving my headunit ground from the battery to the same place my amps are grounded and grounded my rcas at the headunit I have decreased alternator whine significantly but there is still a little bit I want to get rid. But now there is a constant buzz sound that not matter if my alternator is on or my car is being revved stays the same volume. How do I fix this?

I grounded the head unit to the metal bar behind the head unit and it got rid of the buzzing . There is just a little bit of whine left that I can fix by turning down my gains. I would like to completely remove it. But I ran into another problem. When I install my Clarion eqs746 I did terrible whine. Has the eq gone bad? I also went to best buy and bought a ground loop isolator just for kicks. Where Should I install this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.