Alternator Whine ONLY Coming Through Front Tweeters...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Orion Man
10+ year member

Livin' Loud!
Hey all, I have a Diamond Audio M3 6.5" component set for the front stage. I was playing with the fade, and the alternator whine only seems to be coming through the fronts. But, its not through the mids in the doors, its through the tweets in the dash?!

Any clues?

Everything has 14awg wire run throughout. I have checked and even changed ALL possible grounds that I could. The crossovers for the fronts are mounted under the front seats. The speaker wire is run up the middle of the car, the power on the pass-side, and the rca's on the driver side.

I'm stumped. I even went to the extreme of changing out the ground on my battery. I thought that was the problem until I figured out it is only coming through the tweets today. I never had any alternator noise when the system was in my Accord. Now, its in my Integra and its got all kinds of static and whine.

Please help! Any advice would be great! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

i would mess with the gains. Turn the gain on everything all the way down. Turn the volume to 0. Turn up the gain until you get that whine(interference). Adjust the gains for everything else accordingly. That is what i did and it fixed my problems. Although, my interference wouldnt fluctuate with the alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.