Alternator Websites?......

Participant count
  • Participant list

crispy highs
10+ year member

What's up everyone?.......

I'm trying to get an alternator that would fit my 89 mazda 626 w/a 2.2ltr. turbo with at least 170-200 amps. I need information that would let me know that it would actually drop in or could be fitted with accesories already in the box shipment. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED.

I'm trying to run an orion extreme pro 1000 to run a pair of fosgate 12" hx-2's for lows

- an extreme 500.2 for a pair of pioneer free-air 10" mid-bass

- an extreme 800.4 for a pair of front and rear component fanatic-x's

- The draw is at 1900 watts or just below 200 amps, but my alternator only puts out 60 or so amps....the only thing saving it is the 1.0 lightning cap.

"THANKS FOR ANY INFO GUYS"

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by crispy highs What's up everyone?.......

I'm trying to get an alternator that would fit my 89 mazda 626 w/a 2.2ltr. turbo with at least 170-200 amps. I need information that would let me know that it would actually drop in or could be fitted with accesories already in the box shipment. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED.

I'm trying to run an orion extreme pro 1000 to run a pair of fosgate 12" hx-2's for lows

- an extreme 500.2 for a pair of pioneer free-air 10" mid-bass

- an extreme 800.4 for a pair of front and rear component fanatic-x's

- The draw is at 1900 watts or just below 200 amps, but my alternator only puts out 60 or so amps....the only thing saving it is the 1.0 lightning cap.

"THANKS FOR ANY INFO GUYS"

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I honestly do not beleive you will need such a large alternator. I have 4 HCCA amps in my truck and do not have that large of an alternator nor need it. The thing is that your amps are never drawing full current especially all at once! Unless you are running sine waves and even then you would have to run a separate one for each amp to hit the frequency ranges they are all peaking at and I just dun see any reason for that. You can get the stock alternator rewound and add a bit more to its output, but if you are still interested in the alternator. Check out http://www.thezeb.com they have every manufacturers home page etc..... Try out stinger I am runnign one of their high output alternators right now.....

Originally posted by Alaxan I honestly do not beleive you will need such a large alternator. I have 4 HCCA amps in my truck and do not have that large of an alternator nor need it. The thing is that your amps are never drawing full current especially all at once! Unless you are running sine waves and even then you would have to run a separate one for each amp to hit the frequency ranges they are all peaking at and I just dun see any reason for that. You can get the stock alternator rewound and add a bit more to its output, but if you are still interested in the alternator. Check out http://www.thezeb.com they have every manufacturers home page etc..... Try out stinger I am runnign one of their high output alternators right now.....
"DUDE,......WHAT A GREAT SITE".........THANKS.......

by the way, how many amps do you think I would need? and what size alternator did you end up getting? (amps that is).......just curious.

I bet you love your hcca's huh? I've had orion amps for over ten years and it always ran clean......so why get anything else?...........THANKS AGAIN........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by crispy highs "DUDE,......WHAT A GREAT SITE".........THANKS.......

by the way, how many amps do you think I would need? and what size alternator did you end up getting? (amps that is).......just curious.

I bet you love your hcca's huh? I've had orion amps for over ten years and it always ran clean......so why get anything else?...........THANKS AGAIN........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
With the amps that you have I would say possibly a 100-120amp alternator would be fine. I am running 140 amps on mine right now, but also have a ton of other stuff running than just my amps and head unit. I have the control module, 3 video monitors, dvd changer, 2 batteries, 3 caps, 20 different neons, two game systems and power converter for those.

By the way. I have also run Orion for ten years or more and love the hell out of them I will never go with anything else (at least for an amp)

Originally posted by Alaxan By the way. I have also run Orion for ten years or more and love the hell out of them I will never go with anything else (at least for an amp)
"THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP".......by the way, you're right, 70 amps is capable of 1000 watts of output, so 130 amps I can get for about $200 online and that should start me off with enough power to run things smoothly.

Ya, I thought you might really like'm....my next set up will probably be amps that have built in fans like the precision power line, which to me is an orion with a fan.

You have one hell of a setup though......I'll be doing something like that in the near future.........after I buy the house and the yamaha R1 THAT IS........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

"ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.