Alternator Swap possible?

blazian87
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I recently got into a big collision where some old man crashed into my car and basically totaled it. When I opened the trunk, my XS battery was laying sideways! Had a wall to hold it in place and it broke too! I was very devastated by this whole thing because I spent so many of my years putting this system together and now my car is just destroyed by this guy. All the equipment is still intact and working so now I have to swap everything into another car I might be buying. The car that was totaled was a 2004 Toyota Corolla 1.8L. I have a 180a Singer Alternator in it and was wondering if it's compatible with any other car? Should work with many other Toyota cars right? What about Honda's or any other brand car? I'm thinking of getting a 2006-2008 Scion TC. Should this be a direct fit?

Wow first time I've ever read something like this. Imagine going into a dealership and telling the salesman "Unless my old semi HO alternator fits in the car you're selling me, I'm not buying it that's my offer".

Wow first time I've ever read something like this. Imagine going into a dealership and telling the salesman "Unless my old semi HO alternator fits in the car you're selling me, I'm not buying it that's my offer".
No where in OP's post does he say that. There are alts that fit other vehicle and that's all he was asking.

No where in OP's post does he say that. There are alts that fit other vehicle and that's all he was asking.
The car that was totaled was a 2004 Toyota Corolla 1.8L. I have a 180a Singer Alternator in it and was wondering if it's compatible with any other car? Should work with many other Toyota cars right? What about Honda's or any other brand car? I'm thinking of getting a 2006-2008 Scion TC. Should this be a direct fit?

Chill you're taking it too literaly:wow:

Thanks guys.. Singer replied back to me and said I can use my old singer alt as partial credit to build a new one..

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

It won't fit a Honda. A scion maybe I need pics of the alt. I can ask mike tomorrow when I see him
white_singer_alt.jpg

Yes you can. Just let me know when ready I'll see mike tomorrow
Wait, so you're saying it is a direct fit from a 2004 corolla to 2006-2008 scion tc? I also need to find out what's the biggest alt I can get for it. I'm not sure whether I'm getting the 2.4 L or 1.5L.. just depends on what I find

Wait, so you're saying it is a direct fit from a 2004 corolla to 2006-2008 scion tc? I also need to find out what's the biggest alt I can get for it. I'm not sure whether I'm getting the 2.4 L or 1.5L.. just depends on what I find
No I'm saying he'll do a credit towards a new slt if needed. Not sure yours would fit the scion but that will depend on the engine if it does or not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.