Alternator size

That post took me back to the late 90s when everyone wanted caps and head units and amps didn't have crossovers.
Man, I can't even process some of the crap they used to push. I remember having a little 1.5 farad cap installed for awhile. Why? Well, it had a voltage display on it and 2 output terminals I could use as a distro block, plus it was free with the purchase of the amp install kit I bought. Saved me money until I felt like getting a remote voltage display and distro block, then I chucked it in the trash.

The info he posted wasnt even correct for the 90's.. What the hell even is his math? Volts x volts /the amp channels gives you watts? Idk man, my brain hurts.

Matt

Man, I can't even process some of the crap they used to push. I remember having a little 1.5 farad cap installed for awhile. Why? Well, it had a voltage display on it and 2 output terminals I could use as a distro block, plus it was free with the purchase of the amp install kit I bought. Saved me money until I felt like getting a remote voltage display and distro block, then I chucked it in the trash.

The info he posted wasnt even correct for the 90's.. What the hell even is his math? Volts x volts /the amp channels gives you watts? Idk man, my brain hurts.

Matt
I agree the guy is wrong, but we were all noobs at one point. That guy was trying to help. Correct him but don't gang up on him.

The 1 farad per 1000 watts was preached by every car stereo shop and the car audio magazines back in the 90’s. My first capacitor in about 1996 was a .5 farad Monster cap. ( lol, I am old ).
Funny to think that I am now running over 500 farads.

I agree the guy is wrong, but we were all noobs at one point. That guy was trying to help. Correct him but don't gang up on him.
Ur completely right. I'm going to edit my reply and try to educate. Plastic welding the inside of a water storage tank in the middle of the Florida heat does not make me a nice person. Thanks for pointing that out and not being an echo chamber.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Slappp

CarAudio.com Newbie
Slappp
Bay Area CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies