Alternator intermittently charging?

I found out about this possibility BECAUSE of my owners manual. I made it clear that this was only one possibility and turns out he owns a GM vehicle as well, making my first reply even more valid. So why not knock it off before you dig that hole deeper?
Easy. Little do you know that adding an aftermarket HO alt which is sometimes controlled voltage from the PCM will have little info as far as making it a constant voltage all the time rather than random. See this issue all the time with newer vehicles and on FB groups. Why don't you research a little more rather than give stupid info to someone and not  knowing enough.

I can dig this hole deeper if you'd like.....been in this audio game a looong time. Bring it on.  So you can f**k off.

Easy. Little do you know that adding an aftermarket HO alt which is sometimes controlled voltage from the PCM will have little info as far as making it a constant voltage all the time rather than random. See this issue all the time with newer vehicles and on FB groups. Why don't you research a little more rather than give stupid info to someone and not  knowing enough.

I can dig this hole deeper if you'd like.....been in this audio game a looong time. Bring it on.  So you can f**k off.
Here's what we know from what Venom said at the time.

Other than the new battery, the charging system is stock.

We did not originally know the year, make, or model of the vehicle.

We do not know if this apparent low charge voltage while driving existed before the battery exchange.

This is NOT related to a big amp power draw/bass hit.

This seems to happen at random, with long periods of lowered voltage while driving.

I have experience with those exact symptoms on a complete stock vehicle, and the owners manual eludes to this as normal, known as the Electrical Power Management (EPM) system. We now know venom also has a GM vehicle. That means within the context and facts known during my first reply, this is a completely valid possible reason. Had venom said up from this was something like a '99 Dodge Neon, then a variable voltage system like GM's EPM wouldn't be a possibility and I wouldn't have even responded.

I never claimed this was 100% the issue, nor did I ever suggest a way to fix/bypass it. I only replied with what I knew based on the info given. If that offended you, that's on you. If you think something else is at play, then why not stop attacking me and make some useful suggestions? I'm always open to learning something new. In the mean time, maybe you need to learn some more about factory charging systems?

https://www.underhoodservice.com/state-of-charge-charging-systems/

And GM isn't the only one doing that today.

My old vehicle (2006 subaru impreza wagon) had a ecu control crap on the alternator too but it usually charge constant if it senses electrical load on the system(headlights,park lights, A/C etc) so to solve the problem i ran the blower in the car at low speed during the daytime and it would constantly keep charging :)

I’ve been looking into this on my newer Ford Focus. Only was charging at 12.3 normally but unplugged the bms sensor on negative cable, now I have a consistent 14.4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.