Alternator Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

wake894

i bought a db electrical 220a HO alternator for my 01 mustang and the regulator was bad sending 16volts to everything so i sent it back in and got it back with a new one but the voltage drops to 12.6 at idle and goes up to 14.4v at 1200 rpm. i emailed db about it and they said to use a one size smaller belt on it and it should work fine. i bought a 1/2inch smaller belt and it still does the same thing. i have the big 3 done in 1/0 wire and fused with 225a. i was wondering if anybody could give me advice on it before i send it back in again.

Hmm... well did you email db explaining the problem is persisting?

Does your car have its own voltage regulator?

Does the Alternator have its own voltage regulator (I know you implied it did in your first post, but I want to make sure.)

Also, what is "db"?

i emailed them again this morning with no reponse yet and db is the company db eletrical. the alt has a internal regulator. yea i regret buying from this company

Oh man. Lol sorry for your loss.

I did research on different brands before I bought my HO alternator.... dbelectrical was def in the "don't even bother" category.

Did you check your vehicle to see if it has its own regulator? Because they could be fighting eachother.

On my truck, its a wire that plugs straight to the alt. However its also a 96... yours is an 01, so it might have a regulator in the "brain".

i emailed them again this morning with no reponse yet and db is the company db eletrical. the alt has a internal regulator. yea i regret buying from this company
Yea I did to Had one of their alts go bad after 2 months. Sent it back. Finally got another 2 months later. And they told me no warranty. It failed in 3 weeks had it rebuilt locally it was a mess he said stock windings Chinese regulater and cheap diodes I was told that I was lucky it didn't catch fire

If anybody still sees this thread i was contacted by db electrical and they told me my alternator was fine and there is no problem with it charging at 12.6 volts at idle. They offered me a refund and I took it. I was wondering which brand alternator you guys recommend? Billet Tech? Singer? or DC Power?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.