Alternator help for my 98 Honda Civic.

Participant count
  • Participant list

kycustoms

Here it goes...I have a 98 Honda civic EX with a stock 70 amp alt. I have bought my amp and subs (Powerbass asa1000.1d) and (2 12" Powerbass s-124d subs). I'm going to do the big 3, and I'm going to run either a Kinetik hc1400 or the Stinger battery that is rated for 1050 watts rms (I don't remember the model #) with 1/0 gauge wire, and an isolator. I don't want to spend $300-$500 on an alternator. Are there any bigger alternators out there that will bolt right up with no modifications from other make/model vehicles? And what problems will I have if I don't upgrade my alternator?

I have one ill sell you for cheap for that model.It will come off my 98 civic sedan for a d16y7.Its very strong does really good for around 2k-3k anything else over isnt good.So im upgrading to dual alts from mechman let me know its rated at 200 amps at 2k rpm

I don't want to spend $300-$500 on an alternator. C'mon now, you've spent all the cash on sound equipment.... don't stop now, finish it off by doing the NECESSARY upgrades completely. This means a $300-$500 investment in an alternator. you will see the most out of your equipment with the needed power. of course you can get away with wire and an extra battery but why stop now? Oh and fuget the isolator you don't need it.

A H/O alt isnt necessary for 1k rms. because after efficiency and box rise are added to the equation you wont be pushing 1000 watts. Dont worry about it. i have ran that much power off 100% stock electrical and was fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.