Quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

cirv908
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok guys I just got my box in the car all wired up and subs screwed up. I have a audipipe ap3000 and two dc lvl 4's with dual 1.4 coils now my question is after wired and routed through the box they are still coming out to 1.4 ohms and I thought some guys told me that after wired through the impedance rise should be right around 2 to be safe with my amp... Am I not measuring these right or what. This is with no power just the wires after the box any help is appreiciated

are you measuring when the subs are playing? if you measure them while they are idle then you should come out around the 1.4 ohm mark but they should go up from impedance rise when music is playing.

no that means that your doing it right and you have very little impedance rise. I would expect something around 3 ohms if not more depending on the box.

also fyi if you're worried about blowing up your subs then get a better sub amp and send them a clean signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.