Alternator & Battery question

Participant count
  • Participant list

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Recruit
Its looking like I'm going to have to update electrical system, which I know absolutely nothing about. Is there certain things I should look for when looking at a new ho alternator and possibly a battery as well as or manufacturer?

i have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan and will be running a 2500w RMS amp if that helps any

Its looking like I'm going to have to update electrical system, which I know absolutely nothing about. Is there certain things I should look for when looking at a new ho alternator and possibly a battery as well as or manufacturer?

i have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan and will be running a 2500w RMS amp if that helps any

What system are you planning on installing? That will help everybody calculate what your electrical needs will be.

What system are you planning on installing? That will help everybody calculate what your electrical needs will be.
I will be running 2 American Bass XFL 12's for subs and I'm still trying to choose an amp but it will be about 2200-2500w. Also my van is a wheelchair van so is has a kneeling system as well as a side entry wheelchair ramp.

Your alt May be already upgraded for the wheelchair electrical

md3000.1 will cost you$225.L and efficient on electrical. Will be solid on 2 xfl’s
I was thinking that as well but wasn't 100% sure. Taramps was on my list of amps so that makes me feel better. On my research I've read many times that those XFLs can eat some power and to throw more than just the 1000w a sub at them. Other amps on my list included skar rp2000 which I heard is ok but not the best choice, American Bass PH2500, SoundQubed Q1-2200D and SSA IC2200.1 which I haven't looked into much. And a couple of others way out of my budget. Thanks much for your help and input. I appreciate it.

No on the ab, skar amp puts out rated, sounqubed is similar to the skar exception their korean line, ssa is a good amp but pricier of the options and all those amps are half bridge so they will consume a good amount of amperage to get you 2k watts. The full bridge 3k taramps will be far more energy eifficinet, may not need to upgrade alt

No on the ab, skar amp puts out rated, sounqubed is similar to the skar exception their korean line, ssa is a good amp but pricier of the options and all those amps are half bridge so they will consume a good amount of amperage to get you 2k watts. The full bridge 3k taramps will be far more energy eifficinet, may not need to upgrade alt
Well I thank you for helping me with that as well. I'm finally confident on what I want to do as far as subs and now the amp. Now I just have to shop around for a double din deck and I'm good to go 👍👌😁

That should be easy enough though. You are awesome my friend. I will post pictures as everything goes in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.