Alternatives to a HO Alternator

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo LT. Nobody I have found makes a high output alternator for my car. The local alternator place says that they can't make mine better(I'll see if there is another one to try). So I am now looking at alternatives to a better alternator. The alt place says that an additional battery and caps is what I want. I will be running a Fi BL18 on a ppi BK1800.1d. Help me caraudio.com, you're my only hope!

There is a HO alt for the SS version of my car, but that is a 5.3L V8, mine is a 3.5L V6. Are there universal alts? maybe that would work. I don't know but I was so psyched for this upgrade and now it's starting to look like I can't. Thanks for the help

i can almost gaurantee that they make a high output for your car. ^^^^ i would go singer first and if they cant than try mechman. i run mechman and wish i would have gotten a singer. it does its job but has been a pain in my *** more than once

If the alt is a no go look into ultra/super capacitors, specifically a bank of six maxwell 3000F 2.7v caps. BUT MAKE SURE YOU READ, READ, READ ALL THE INFO YOU CAN before deciding to use them

I will be pming you guys here in a sec.

Thanks so much for helping me! As I said I was very sad about their response. Glad to know it was not possible for them, but I have my people on the internet who can do it!

So you are only trying to run 1800 plus your component amp? Before you drop $469 on a HO alt why don't you buy a bigger battery or two and be more than happy with a lot more money in your pocket. This website is full of very useful info but more often than not people trying to make a buck. Once upon a time, I needed a HO alt at $469 to run my 4000 watt system. A few batteries later I am running 4k at 14.8 all day. Don't fall for it. Save yourself the money. Unless of course you are competing. And then upgrade everything.

So you are only trying to run 1800 plus your component amp? Before you drop $469 on a HO alt why don't you buy a bigger battery or two and be more than happy with a lot more money in your pocket. This website is full of very useful info but more often than not people trying to make a buck. Once upon a time, I needed a HO alt at $469 to run my 4000 watt system. A few batteries later I am running 4k at 14.8 all day. Don't fall for it. Save yourself the money. Unless of course you are competing. And then upgrade everything.
I agree, im running 2k plus a 1k midbass amp and a 600w tweeter amp and has no ho alt running 180ah batt and it keeps my voltage at 14.0, i have to use a charger once in a while specially before a show but your load might not require an ho alt

i bump regularly who doesn't lol but you need to get a baseline of what your voltage is first, get a volt meter and attached it to your sub amp and see what voltage your sub amp gets when your bass hits

What do I attach it to on there? Power and ground? I don't have one at my house right now and will be leaving for errands soon, but when I have time I'll go to my grandpa's shop and use one of his.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.