Alt whine

JoseMCeee
10+ year member

$tack
Bay Area, CA
Right now I have Both 4 gauge grounds from the 2 amps to 1 1/0 gauge direct connect ground block. My question is, is this what is causing this whine? That the grounds are twisted together? Also, this is on the sheet metal not the actual body and a ground to the actualy body would be too far. Would puttin a bolt thru the bottom and tighten the grounds with a nut get rid of this?

im pretty sure its the grounding tho. Because it wasnt do this before then after the ground wire came out of the terminal, I had to wire it like this because I didnt have any more. I know its just the sheet metal or the metal of the trunk. The only other place that is to the actualy body is around where the seat belts are but that is too far and the ground would be really long.

Well alternator whine is the cause of your alternator over working to try and keep up with your system. In all honesty over time they just, usually, start to whine. Mine whines and it never use to and my grounds are all secure etc. etc. and I have twice the amount of power going through my car then you do check the sig. So to be honest in my opinion get a new alternator and five bucks says the whine goes away.

Well alternator whine is the cause of your alternator over working to try and keep up with your system. In all honesty over time they just, usually, start to whine. Mine whines and it never use to and my grounds are all secure etc. etc. and I have twice the amount of power going through my car then you do check the sig. So to be honest in my opinion get a new alternator and five bucks says the whine goes away.
Well honestly if I shat out money every night I would have gotten a 300 amp alt by now... BUT money is kinda of an issue so I think it might have to wait. I cant really say that the ground is completly clean and it is on a sort of a side panel. The thing is that there is deadner all over the trunk and in the spare well. So I doubt i can take it off and make the metal clean again. I might just make another thread for cavalier owners to see where they grounded their amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoseMCeee

10+ year member
$tack
JoseMCeee
Bay Area, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date