Alpine's TYPE-E subwoofers

I personally dont like the Type S 6x9s but everyone's different.

The SQ on the Type E's is okay i guess, but the SPL is lacking. very lacking.

Simple rule of thumb applies... you get what you pay for.

I would actually beg to differ...I just installed a pair of 10 inch Type E's in a 32 htz box, powered by a 350 watt alpine amp...and it sounds pretty **** good for what they are. Yes, they could be louder, but that would be left up to the Type R's, or even the Type S's.

As far as SQ goes...likely the best SQ of any cheapere entry level sub that I have had the pleasure of playing with. In my opinion, it is good times and is a great cheap sub. i wouldn't hesitate ot buy them if that is all the funds i had available to me.

Shawn

I personally dont like the Type S 6x9s but everyone's different.
The SQ on the Type E's is okay i guess, but the SPL is lacking. very lacking.

Simple rule of thumb applies... you get what you pay for.
i dunno what ur talking about, but for the cash, they hit decently. if ur in that price range, i'd take those over like audiobahns or anything else in that class.

Yeah they do...but if the E's is all he can afford so be it. He wasn't looking for an alternative to the sub, he was just inquiring about the sub in question.

Shawn

Yo man i would buy the type E, I got a couple friends with type E's, one friend has a 10" in his trunk with a sealed box and i can hear him down my drive way (500+ FT.) and my other friend has 2 12"s in his trunk, not sure the box but **** they hit nice, he has to fix his mirror at every stop light.

I used to have 3 ALPINE type E 10 sealed in the tunk of my mustang. I ran them off a CROSSFIRE 600watt mono amp they were ok. They had nice SQ but in terms of spl they were kinda lacking big time. I replaced them with 2 JL AUDIO 10W3 put them in a ported box and they were way better. I guess for the price the ALPINE TYPE E isnt a bad sub if you want SQ youll be happy with it. If you want to be loud its a whole nother story.

don't ask me why but for some strange reason iv never liked other peoples type-s's

every type-s iv heard sounds bad compared to my 2 12" type-r's i previously owned

but if i buy 4 type e"s i recon it'd sound better spl and sq then type'r and s

i owned and heard both 04, 05 type-e subs and both 03, 05 type-s subs

and the 05 type-e subs sound almost as good as the 05 type-s. great sq but lacking spl

i would just buy 2 04 type-e subs from crutchfield and you'll get 2 more for free.

just get 2 type r 10s or 12s, i think on ikesound they have a ten for 100, even one 12 would sound better than 2 type e's , since ive ran 2 type e's and one type r i think the R still out performed the 2 E's

i owned and heard both 04, 05 type-e subs and both 03, 05 type-s subs
and the 05 type-e subs sound almost as good as the 05 type-s. great sq but lacking spl

i would just buy 2 04 type-e subs from crutchfield and you'll get 2 more for free.

BUT at the end of the day do the [E'z] have better SQ then the [s'z] //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif ???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.