alpine VS eclipse VS sony???need help?

Last month when I went to check out some speakers at tweeter and I was messing around with the Alpine radios. let me just say that the higher end alpines were VERY annoying to use for the simple reason that once you go into any of the function or menu screens it basically freezes you out of any other function. I don't know if I explained that very well but basically you can't turn the ****er down until you hit the ONE button to exit the menus...i have an older alpine and it doesnt do this...i hope mine lasts long enough so that they figure out this is the most annoying thing ever and fix it...

Last month when I went to check out some speakers at tweeter and I was messing around with the Alpine radios while demoing. let me just say that the higher end alpines were VERY annoying to use for the simple reason that once you go into any of the function or menu screens it basically freezes you out of any other function. I don't know if I explained that very well but basically you can't turn the ****er down until you hit the ONE button to exit the menus...i have an older alpine and it doesnt do this...i hope mine lasts long enough so that they figure out this is the most annoying thing ever and fix it...
Some of the cheapest decks are probably the easiest to use also. Its weird how all the high end models are so dumb...

Except probably for the Clarion 955 with the touch screen but its a regulard DIN cd player. A friend of mine has it and he says its pretty easy but I havent had time to play with it yet.

why????^^^^I guess i'll go look at the eclipse h.u's again the only one i have really played with is with some sony's and i don't like the face thing too.Will the eclipse h.u 's have a remote?The guy that worked there didn't really show me the eclipse stuff just told the guy what i was looking for...

no need for that^^^can you even drive????????and easy on the milk l.o.l
why wouldnt i drive? im a freshman in college. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i think the new high end kenwoods sound way better than any of alpine's offerings, in the sound board anyways.

and god do i hate kenwood.

oh, and the "4v" preouts are more like 2, 2.5, even on the flagship models.

Last month when I went to check out some speakers at tweeter and I was messing around with the Alpine radios while demoing. let me just say that the higher end alpines were VERY annoying to use for the simple reason that once you go into any of the function or menu screens it basically freezes you out of any other function. I don't know if I explained that very well but basically you can't turn the ****er down until you hit the ONE button to exit the menus...i have an older alpine and it doesnt do this...i hope mine lasts long enough so that they figure out this is the most annoying thing ever and fix it...
agreed on the inaccesability issue of other features, like tuner, or volume.

my eclipse avn2454 is so simple i love it. an the touch screen/gps/dvd is a nice touch. only gripe is that you need an aftermarket line driver because of the super low preouts.

that is i nice h.u the guy at the caraudio place had that same eclipse^^^^^but thats too much for me and plus i'm goin to buy$$$$$ airbags soon too

my alpine is the best sounding deck ive used by far, and ive tried lots...
7892 is wildly known for having an outstanding SQ

how do you compare it to a 7998?

too bad it doesnt have MP3 support //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

7892 is wildly known for having an outstanding SQ
how do you compare it to a 7998?

too bad it doesnt have MP3 support //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
The 7892 was a pretty low end model from what, maybe 02(same year as 7893/7894). I am not sure what reviews you have seen regarding its SQ, but here in the US, I haven't seen the reviews raving of "outstanding" sq. The 7949, etc, yes, but not the 7892.

The 7892 shouldn't be in the same league as the 7998(I never heard that deck...heard the one below it, the 7897, and was not impressed....pre outs were pathetic for one)

I have said it before, if I had to buy an alpine produced in the past few years, I would try to find a 9835.

yea the 9853 should be a good deck. I wonder how the functions are tho. Cuz right now Im starting to hate the 9827 with the ipod connector... Its ok for just having a ton of songs but I does not compare to the ease of using the deck to navigate through a mp3 disc. As a matter of fact, most of the buttons serve no use when searching through the ipod. Like the folder up/down buttons arent used for anything and they could be used to easily flip through albums on a mp3 disc. Its so f-ucking stupid i feel like just throught the face out the window sometimes......

my 9853 that i just got sounds better than my 8455. i've had both of them in my boat with a Zapco SX-SL on each one. i like the 9853 much more.
Everybody's ears are different, but from what I have seen on the forums over the years(and my personal experience), eclipse is usually preferred to alpine when it comes to sq.

My favorite was the clarion drz9255. Like it better then my eclipse 8454, Pioneer 860 and my Alpine 9830. Havent had a kenwood but im sure i will soon.

My favorite was the clarion drz9255. Like it better then my eclipse 8454, Pioneer 860 and my Alpine 9830. Havent had a kenwood but im sure i will soon.
For the price, it should be the favorite:)

I LOVE my 8250 and would like to check out the new 9255(I heard the older one and loved it).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.