00 Grand Am GT need

Participant count
  • Participant list

lonebandit

This is my 1st post. I have a 2000 GAGT and the cdplayer has died. The dealer wants $250 for a refurb/repair.

I therefore think it might be prudent to invest this money in a BETTER head unit.

However, I had 3 questions...

1. Is there any model that would be compatible with the rear sub (dual cone) woofer/speakers in this car? - there is an amp in the rear I believe.

2. I have heard that if I replace my HU, I will loose any and all chimes that the car has...is this true and is there any workaround?

3. Does anyone have a car like mine that can share a success story and recommendation(s)?

Thanks in advance!

JD Bronson

I had a 2000 GAGT and it had all the options and I didn't have a seperate amp. Nor did it really have "subs". I replaced my Head unit without losing chimes. I beieve that was done in like 01 and up not 2000.

Do you have a Monsoon or Bose system in your Grand Am? I'm not sure with Bose, but if it's Monsoon you just have to turn on the factory amp; it will work just fine with the new head unit's signal. Also, the door chime issue in the Grand Am doesn't start until the 2001 model year. If your door chime comes from the driver's door speaker, you may lose it; if not, then there will be no problem at all.

Well there is an AMP in the trunk. It runs the rear dual cone speakers. (Full range with a pseudo sub incorporated).

I dont know why your 00GAGT would not have had this - that makes no sense.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.