Alpine type R subs are they the real deal or hyped

Never ran any alpine before besides single dins from early 2000

These may be looking promising to change up some stuff.

Are these really a sq and spl sub that's under rated.

Reading to many bias opinions that these bang with JL w7 if not better. Do they get loud and have a reference sq type output ?

Can they hit lows are they good for ported or sealed?

Some reason they remind me of jbl gti class sub

I find the Type-R's to be great subs that use a slightly smaller enclosure than others. Are they the best available, meh. Hard to beat at the price point, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Never ran any alpine before besides single dins from early 2000 These may be looking promising to change up some stuff.

Reading to many bias opinions that these bang with JL w7 if not better. Do they get loud and have a reference sq type output ?

they sound good, get ok loud with right box/power but they no w7, they also cost less though.. u want ported or sealed how much room u got to give them and how much power?

Never ran any alpine before besides single dins from early 2000 These may be looking promising to change up some stuff.

type S subs are better for SQ than the type R. Type R doesnt hold a candle to the W7 in any aspect. The 1000 rms rating is not real, a true 1000 rms clamped to the type R will blow that sh*t. If you are looking for a mix of SQ and SPL, SSA Xcon does a lot better job. Why? Because of alumnium shorting rings allowing smooth undistorted response up top while being able to dig down low cleanly as well. USA made coils vs typical chinese made coils actually make a huge difference as well. The only draw back is the 2-4 month wait time because its custom built here in the US. FI Q neo is also a low distortion sub resembling the W7.

PS i owned the type R and SSA subs before. type R gets completely sh*t on in every aspect by almost other subwoofers i've owned and i have a strict requirement for good sounding bass due to my wide musical preferences which requires a wide bandwidth and good group delay.

I agree with most everyone else... if you got the room and prefer a ported box... the Type R do really well. The coils might be somewhat overrated too as I've seen em pop with under rated wattage and a clean signal. W7?.. well look at one next to a Type R... it is in a different league for sure and the price (overpriced it may be) reflects that. IMHO the type R is not bad at all if you're willing to sacrifice some space. I saw a pair in a 6ft3 net tuned at 29hz on a SQ 2200 that sounded pretty ok... went nice and low and got nasty at the mid 30 range to mid 40hz too. But the W7 is a true small box sub... and it sounds balanced and loud if boxed correctly

Even the stock photos don't do the difference justice...

sdl2m0C.jpg

OkwsC0d.jpg

They're not in the same league.

W7s are worthless today. 15 years ago they where good.

They really don’t have a purpose. They don’t get that loud and they don’t sound as good as cheaper woofers. They always have a nasty peak at 50hz.

What?
Ive heard w7 setups that peaked below 30
I agree... there's this local one I haven't seen for a few years that was killin the low 30's in a Crx of all cars... 151 at 50 too tho... nasty bill on that one, nice install

What?
Ive heard w7 setups that peaked below 30
I agree... there's this local one I haven't seen for a few years that was killin the low 30's in a Crx of all cars... 151 at 50 too tho... nasty bill on that one, nice install

There was a dude out here who used to do 150 @36 meca on 2 13.5s and 2 1000/1. I dont even really like JL, but w7s are good subs. Overpriced is another convo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.