Worthy upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kamt

Topeka
I have two sundown LCS 12in subs that I love but it’s time for an upgrade. I have an opportunity to get two 12in Memphis M6’s in a box for 250$ still warrantied. Just curious if you guys thinks it’s a significant upgrade considering both subs have sufficient power. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. My main concern is if they’d be any louder than my current setup (given the right enclosure and power of course)

Thanks for the reply. My main concern is if they’d be any louder than my current setup (given the right enclosure and power of course)

yeah they diff need more power than the lcs..

Currently in a rattle master AKA ‘91 Buick. Likely to be in a newer sedan soon. I don’t know the amp off the top of my head, it was all gifted to me. I do recall it being 1000w. Intend to upgrade if I find these subs to be worth the buy.

They are from a buddy who had to pawn them and offered me the deal to pull them out at cost. In his blazer they were significantly louder inside and out than my current setup. But that’s an SUV and mine is a trunk so no real comparison. Thanks for the advice so far

I’m in no rush, as I’m currently trying to gain a lot more knowledge in the car audio department. I just would hate to pass up a good deal, if it indeed is one.

I’m in no rush, as I’m currently trying to gain a lot more knowledge in the car audio department. I just would hate to pass up a good deal, if it indeed is one.

lol yeah we (and u) do need to know what amp.. as i said the memphis subs will require more power and since u don't know the amp i can pretty much promise u it's not a real 1k amp and u will need at least that much for 2 12's 1500 be better.. i asked about 1 of those subs recently and was told it's not efficient (i used to sell memphis 20 years ago when they were all light weight subs) and they aren't with 81db, wow thats low..

Thanks for the reply. I’ll let you know when I get a chance to look. Even with the LCS subs rated at 300w each you think I should go for a 1500w amp?

Thanks for the reply. I’ll let you know when I get a chance to look. Even with the LCS subs rated at 300w each you think I should go for a 1500w amp?

i mean for the memphis subs.. u need to tell us what amp/model u have now to know if u need new one for lcs.. also what box u have lcs in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.