Alpine Type-R comps?

Ringwood
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I've been looking to upgrade the sound in my Jeep. I have my amp mounted, just needs to be hooked up and I was wondering if these speakers are quality pieces:

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Type-R-SPR-17S-speaker-component/dp/B000NV9O94/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244066205&sr=1-1

The amp is putting out 100W RMS x4. I was hoping to find something a little more sensitive, however at $142 they seem like a great deal.

If these aren't appropriate comps, does anyone have any recommendations?

decent comps, but if you want more bang for your buck, look at a pair or two of phoenix gold rsd comps.

heard them. didnt like them. kinda a flat sound from the mids. although i also heard the type x pro comps and those did really sound nice and clean. i have listened to a few other mid-high end comp sets. the ones i was really impressed with were focal v2's. i dunno if these are out of ur price range but thought id add my experiance

i have a set of these comps and i can say i am satisfied with them for the price i paid, but after listening to other comps i must say there are better options out there. my friend has a pair of polk comps and i like them much better.

I have a pair of American Bass SQ6.2C's for $130 shipped to your door. Very solid budget components that can handle loads of power and sound great doing it. They are in very good shape.

PM me if interested.

i had the previous version of this set and they were ok. i upgraded to the type x and there is a noticeable difference. these replacing stock speakers will be a pretty big leap though. they are a little lacking in the midbass for my tastes.

I own a set of the "R" comps w /4 type "R" co-ax's in a Nissan Altima.I have the Alpine PDX 4x150 pushing those speakers.I also have an Alpine H.U.Mine sound fantastic.Remember alot depends on the install and the amp and H.U.. Alpine50

Running two pairs of Alpine Type R comps I loved them. Keep in mind though that I don't have "audiophile ears" meaning I can't tell the difference between a 200 or a 400 dollar pair of monster wires, or a difference of .001% THD, etc.

I personally prefer my Planet Audio BB625Cs that I have in the rear. Really good bass/midbass.

best bang for the buck period is the pheonix golds listed above. get those. you will save even more money and be 100% happy with them.

I had a pair of the typr r's and they were pretty good. not the best but it will not disapoint (IMO) the pg's that every talks about are known to have bright tweeters. maybe you can change out the tweeters and fix that issue. If you have the money though. Get some type x pro or rainbows!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.