Alpine Type R 12's or Kicker 07CVR 12's???

Jonathan627
10+ year member

Ok so now that I finally got my 4 ohm CVR's sold, I can't decide whether I want to get the 2 ohm CVR's or some Type R's. I bought a brand new kicker zx750.1 amp so it'd be nice to stay with Kicker I guess but those Type R's sure do look nice... What would you do??? I'm trying to stay in the $150-200 range

put one of those amps on each type R. for daily they can handle up to 1500 no problem. for burping i tried all 4 of my amps strapped and the sub stayed in one peace.

wow man, I don't think I really have those kinds of funds to be honest. So I guess with my ONE zx750.1 amp...that wouldn't be enough power to the type R's to suit me and I should just stick with CVR's???

put one of those amps on each type R. for daily they can handle up to 1500 no problem. for burping i tried all 4 of my amps strapped and the sub stayed in one peace.
1500watts in a custom box?

theres no way a ARGG can handel 1500 watts (rms) daily in a prefab box. i hooked one up to 950 RMS watts and it didnt last more the 30 days.

I'm starting to lean back to the CVR's now that I have heard a lot of opinions....... And I don't really have the funds to purchase a different amp or anything to push 2 Type R's, so I think I'll just run 2 CVR's off the zx750....then maybe upgrade my amp later on down the line....maybe the kx1200?? I don't know, I'm still not sure, I still need to get another amp for my highs and mids though. Another question...........With my Dual 2's(CVR's) wired parallel to my zx750 @ 2ohms....I am getting around 400 rms each sub right??? BTW, the certified power of my zx750 is 936 watts. Thanks for your time guys...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.