Alpine type r 12

You stated that you have or had a PB15, what was the volume and was it tuned to?.. the reason I ask is like jeff alluded to, low could be low 30's to some, mid 30's to others or a slammin decaf tune. So what's a low tune to you?

Sorry... you answered my question above ^^^^ ima slow typist... lol

Can you build one?... diy?

You stated that you have or had a PB15, what was the volume and was it tuned to?.. the reason I ask is like jeff alluded to, low could be low 30's to some, mid 30's to others or a slammin decaf tune. So what's a low tune to you?
Sorry... you answered my question above ^^^^ ima slow typist... lol

Can you build one?... diy?
Will be building it yes. One reason why I ask for a box recommendation, maybe should have stated that I will be building it. Was looking for cuft ideals with how much rims I'd be running to it.

Personally I'd go 2.25-2.5ft3 net tuned to 31-32hz on the 1k amp you listed. It might not be as "crisp" as you'd like but it should get fairly loud and low.
Will be building it yes. One reason why I ask for a box recommendation, maybe should have stated that I will be building it. Was looking for cuft ideals with how much rims I'd be running to it.
Somewhere around that ^^^^ maybe a touch higher, 33hz ?

Alright let me rephrase that, I want it to hit lows may not be able to get deep, but like shredder has stated 31 32 hz I was looking at 30hz to begin with but I want over all performance on all genres. If that gives an idea. Honestly I'd rather be in a 15 instead of a 12. The 15 I had hit different note that I liked, only being a 2.7cf box and tuned at 36hz that sub was crazy loud could be heard over a mile. And it was under preformed.
that means you didnt want it low. Thats relatively high tuning as fk with low airspace meaning you literally had no real deep bass response. what you think is low is only the regular 35-50hz range which is the normal operational range of subs. Deep bass doesnt hurt but it moves air as in this.

Why is this relevant? because you dont want to mess up your design thinking you want one thing while what you really wanted was something else and you wasted all your time building a box that didn't perform the way you wanted.

This would go plenty low and still be strong in the 40's... I'd do this one

D35WA4.jpg

lrEyPO.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...