Alpine Type-E??

bumpinthanite
10+ year member

i like cars. a lot.
My buddy that works at a circuit city road shop keeps raving about the Alpine Type-E's. He tells me that you can't beat the sound for the price (2 tens for $112!?). Now, I thought that type-e was only at circuit city....Anyways, has anyone heard them? I'm just curious if they are good. Also, what about the type S? I just wanna hear any thoughts anyone that has heard the E's and/or S's has, cuz I'm curious. Thanks

umm take type s subs any day the type e's are a stripped down type s (literaly)

they have a smaller coil shorter tinsels have cheap termials that may break if u are too rough with them and the magnet has a smaller bump in the back plate so the excursion is down a little too

Now, I'm sure that the type r's are far, far superior to the type s. BUT...how do they compare? You guys gave me some sweet and detailed info. on the type e compared to the type s. Thank you much. Can you tell me how the S really compares to the R?

Thanks

=-=colin-=-

type s is just a smaller version of the type R. the type R has more power handling but they almost sound the same. type will sound maybe a tad better.

Since the power handling is lower with the S and you now have me quite curious, would two type-s 10's sound good (nearly as good as a type-r) with a Pioneer 760wMax amp? Like, a tight sound with some hard hit, but good sq.

thanks

=-=colin-=-

I am in the process of upgrading everything in my setup, and the subs are the last thing I have to do. This is in my other car, which I am trying to make pretty decent, as far as sound goes.

Basically, I want a nice sq set up that hits, but not overwhelmingly. SQL, if you will. Some people have said that, if you are going to go sealed, you need a larger box for a type-s...how large is large?

Thanks.

=-=colin-=-

Thanks man. My sealed enclosure should be fine for something like an S, then. Um, the ring thing that comes with q-logic boxes....if you're familiar with that, should I re-do that so it has a perfect fit or maybe even get rid of it all together with new subs? What would be optimal to seal the box off nicely with new subs in a box that has been used already?

=-=colin-=-

I've made a box before and it didn't turn out all that bad, but I am sooo **** busy with everything right now that I don't think that I have the time to be able to take my time making a really good, quality box. What pre-mades are good?

check out the boxes on sounddomain made by a company called r/t i havn't had ne problems with thier boxes. i used one for my type-r before i started makin my own boxes.

Originally posted by Jmac It depends on the amount of power you send to it ...

I have my Type-Rs in a 1.5 ft^3/sub sealed enclosure and they sound really good, though they're currently underpowered by a fair margin (410 RMS to the pair). They sounded a lot better off my RF Power 500.2 (724 RMS to the pair).

Anyways, if you plan on sending it 250-300 RMS, you'll probably want a fairly large enclosure (2 ft^3). If you plan to send it a little more than that (300-350 RMS), you'll probably want something closer to 1.75 ft^3. 350-400 RMS = 1.5 ft^3 ... 400-450 RMS = 1.25 ft^3 ... 450-500 RMS = 1 ft^3 ... 500-550 RMS = 0.75 ft^3 ... 550-600 RMS = 0.5 ft^3 ...

Mind you, as the enclosure is reduced in size, sound quality and low-frequency bass will suffer ...

If you plan to go ported, I would keep the box fairly small (under 2 ft^3) and tune low (25-30 Hz) ...
Jmac, I may be getting a little picky here, but....

Do you know how well your R's sound at around 25-30 hz? I may be able to do about 1.5 ft^3 for two 10's and 160w to each sub. A lot of the rock music I listen to has bass guitar notes around 25-30 hz.....so you got me curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well it looks like the S would be better for me for now, but I may upgrade to more power. I guess that would make the R better for room to grow?

They did ok overpowering them with 724w for the pair? hhhmmm that amp may be an option //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif uh, what's an RF Power 500.2? :eek: Man there seems to be a lot more brands out there than when I used to play around with car audio back in the day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.