Alpine says cant access menu while driving?

Alexk

I have a old Alpine INA-N333R head unit with built in navigation. I have recently removed it from one car and installed it in another using the correct autoleads adapter. My problem is that when I try to access the navigation menu I get the words "cant access menu while driving" on the screen. This also happens when the car is at a standstill and in neutral. Does this sound like I should disconnect the blue/yellow lead that according to the manual is something to do with the parking brake? Any help would be gratefully received as I am a bit of a newbie.

I have a old Alpine INA-N333R head unit with built in navigation. I have recently removed it from one car and installed it in another using the correct autoleads adapter. My problem is that when I try to access the navigation menu I get the words "cant access menu while driving" on the screen. This also happens when the car is at a standstill and in neutral. Does this sound like I should disconnect the blue/yellow lead that according to the manual is something to do with the parking brake? Any help would be gratefully received as I am a bit of a newbie.
First, RTFM. Second, PAC-TR7. Third, don't kill anyone when you're viewing video and driving. /thread

Your goal here is to trick the unit into thinking you're stopped. You will have to figure out the logic behind it.
Under what circumstances does it actually work?
Unfortunately it thinks I am driving all the time, that is why I am wondering if cutting/disconnecting the blue/yellow parking brake lead might solve the problem.

Almost all touchscreens are like this now, you just have to ground the sensor for the park brake... but if im not mistaken some alpines are really picky and in some instance i think there's a bypass module (i could be wrong)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.