Alpine R-S65C.2 not very loud at all :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charles Belton

CarAudio.com Newbie
Installed Alpine R-Type components in front of Corsa powered by Ground Zero Radioactive 2x150wRMS tuned to 20v with multimeter and Kicker test tones. Premium 14 gauge speaker wire. Tested polarity with 9v battery. Cones don't even appear to be moving at full volume.

Added rear Alpine R-S69.2 speakers to amp at 2 ohms and they're much louder so you can hardly hear front speakers.

Ordered a handheld oscilloscope from China to take amplifier all the way up to 150wRMS. Can R-S65C.2 handle that amount of power?

I believe the Ground Zero amplifier is 2x250 max at 4 ohms so it should be okay. I know you can overpower JL Audio components.

Last edited:
I've always been pleased with cars I've sat in using Type R components. I'd say either your gains or crossover settings to that channel is wrong or there is a problem with the location/aiming of those speakers.

Generally speaking if you have to ask about running more than rated power to a loudspeaker you probably shouldn't attempt it.

Installed Alpine R-Type components in front of Corsa powered by Ground Zero Radioactive 2x150wRMS tuned to 20v with multimeter and Kicker test tones. Premium 14 gauge speaker wire. Tested polarity with 9v battery. Cones don't even appear to be moving at full volume.

Added rear Alpine R-S69.2 speakers to amp at 2 ohms and they're much louder so you can hardly hear front speakers.

Ordered a handheld oscilloscope from China to take amplifier all the way up to 150wRMS. Can R-S65C.2 handle that amount of power?

I believe the Ground Zero amplifier is 2x250 max at 4 ohms so it should be okay. I know you can overpower JL Audio components.
I figured out the problem. It was the time alignment. I've been using an Alpine single din for years that didn't have time alignment. Just switched to a Pioneer AVH-Z5200DAB after my Alpine finally died. It's nowhere near as good :(

'Upgraded' first gen types R (which where brilliant) to second gen, which are 👎

The .2 version isn’t as good as the previous two models. They recently increased the price $100 too. Alpine has new R Type R2 models coming soon in a 2 way and 3 way curious how those are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...