alpine power pack

jsluss17
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
does pioneer sell anything like this? i have a pioneer deck but am thinking about switching to an alpine deck just to get the power pack because i need more power to my speakers and can't install another amp without doing way more. i couldn't find anything if pioneer does make something like this but if they did i would like to know

People have put the KTP-445 Power Pack on non-Alpine head units. From what I understand there's nothing special about it so it can be installed universally if you don't care about voiding the warranty and destroying the resale value.

A small decent entry level Class A/B 4-channel amplifier is really not that expensive and should sound better. Swapping stereos will certainly erase whatever savings you realize from the power pack. However, Alpine will start selling an updated power pack some time soon if you want to take that route.

A small decent entry level Class A/B 4-channel amplifier is really not that expensive and should sound better. Swapping stereos will certainly erase whatever savings you realize from the power pack. However, Alpine will start selling an updated power pack some time soon if you want to take that route.
There are no settings for the power pack. There is a switch for either low or high gain, but aside from that nothing. The only thing unplugging it does it disconnect power to the headunit and those settings will be altered.

There are no settings for the power pack. There is a switch for either low or high gain, but aside from that nothing. The only thing unplugging it does it disconnect power to the headunit and those settings will be altered.
That's right.. but I was talking about savings.. A lot of people seem attracted to this thing for its price only, but if the OP also spends money on an Alpine stereo, there is really not even a price advantage over something like a well chosen solid $100 4-channel amplifier. Something in the class of PPI Sedona or MB Quart FX/ONX should destroy this thing in an actual listening test.

The amount of work to install this "power pack" is about the same level of effort required to install an amp. You get much much better results with an amp though.

That's right.. but I was talking about savings.. A lot of people seem attracted to this thing for its price only, but if the OP also spends money on an Alpine stereo, there is really not even a price advantage over something like a solid $100 4-channel amplifier.
Depends. If he wants to upgrade to Alpine anyways then it may be a savings. They are usually pretty cheap.

The amount of work to install this "power pack" is about the same level of effort required to install an amp. You get much much better results with an amp though.
Really? Its plug and play. Last time I checked most amps werent plug and play. They required running power, grounds, speaker wire, fusing, etc.

Really? Its plug and play. Last time I checked most amps werent plug and play. They required running power, grounds, speaker wire, fusing, etc.
You still have to get behind the HU either way.

It's not really that much effort.

well i was more thinking of the alpine because a normal a/b amp destroyed my car's electrical so i was hoping the little power pack would be more efficient and wouldnt rape my car's *******

well i was more thinking of the alpine because a normal a/b amp destroyed my car's electrical so i was hoping the little power pack would be more efficient and wouldnt rape my car's *******
Sorry, I am new here. What do you mean by "destroyed your car's electrical"?

I haven't seen any tests of these powerpacks but I couldn't image them being that significant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.