2012, the year of the tablet HU?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mast240
10+ year member

YOU'RE A HOOKER!
So, news coming in from CES... that one of this year's goin themes is going to be affordable, quality tablets.... So all those other tablet nuts out there, or even those who have been pondering with the idea of using a tablet for a HU, here are a couple of interest from today.

first, ASUS will be coming out with a 7", quad core, ICS tablet for... wait for it.... $250! not much more info on it yet, but it's looking very promising...

NVIDIA announces 7-inch tablet - Tegra 3 and Ice Cream Sandwich for $249 [updated] | Android Central

Next, if you're looking for an even cheaper, quality tablet... viewsonic has announced a dual core, 7", ICS tablet for ..... $170!!! Imagine bluetooth, gps, mp3, touchscreen, web browsing, apps... basically everything that makes a tablet a great piece to run for a HU, for $170....

Viewsonic announces $170 ViewPad E70 Ice Cream Sandwich tablet | Android Central

and this is only after the first day... cant wait to see what the rest of the week brings

Ive thought about the same with a tablet

if you or someone you know can work with fiberlgass it would look good.

a ~$300 tablet may work without to much processing for a so-so/ daily set up

Meh. To many flavors of Android to make it a stable working machine unless your running a very optimized ROM. Also no optical outs or RCA's. Your going to have to jump through hoops to get your amps wired up. As of now there is a chain of a few components all wired into one another just to get the signal from the tablet/iPad to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.