Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
Item(s) for Sale:

Alpine Old School CDA-7878 CD Receiver

Item(s) Description/Condition:

If you love older Alpine head units and you want something special you have found something uncommon. What have people said about this unit?

"That is my favorite audiophile true hi-end deck to date. It's replacement is the F#1 Satus @ ~$2500, to give you an idea of where that deck sits on the totem pole. There are a few things that make it particularly special beyond just its incredible DSP, Xover controls, sound quality, etc.: and that's it's single beam high-strength laser pickup and very high-end cd transport. Even skipping mp3's takes no longer than the time it takes to hit the button. Every other mp3 deck I've experienced has way too much delay when jumping tracks.

"For those who are un-familiar, the CDA-7878 was part of the first batch of XM-Ready + MP3 decks from Alpine...(they only made it for about a year - maybe half a year and the market couldn't handle the price tag ((I paid a little over $800)), so they pulled it). It also has built-in DSP and highly-customizable delays/alignments, EQ, X-over times 3, and lot's o' sound goodies for the high-end. But, there are none of the crazy displays and other non-audio stuff you see so much of these days -- it was/is pure SQ."

"fastest loading mp3 player from alpine. Reads mp3's like cds."

The manual: ALPINE CDA-7878 USER MANUAL Pdf Download.

This can have an auxiliary input added with a low cost adapter. There are a couple of CD changers that are compatible with this unit as well.

Do you have an Alpine Ai-Net DSP? Plug it into CDA-7878 and enjoy!

Includes wire harness, DIN cage, remote

Front and rear RCAs work great on the bench with CDs playing, sub pre-outs, AM/FM tuner and internal amp not tested

Price:

$150

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

$12.50 USPS Priority Mail to the lower 48 states

shipping to all other locations is available for the actual cost

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Slideshow

Does it have RDS ?
No, these are the tuner features:

Auto Memory

D.A.P. (Direct Access Preset)

FM Stereo Indicator

Local/DX Selection

MaxTune SQ Tuner

Preset Address Indicator

Preset Stations (FM:12/AM:6/DAP:6)

Station Title Memory

Stereo/Mono Selection