Cadillac and Head Unit Dont Mix

Participant count
  • Participant list

XpLuRR96
10+ year member

head rattler
Chicago
for those who have dealt with the oem1 interface for bose systems...

i purchased an oem-1 for a 93 cadillac seville sts with bose. now the side that hooks up to the factory plugs that came out of the factory radio is kind of confusing. my factory radio has two plugs and the one coming from the oem-1 (the plug specifically for the car) has one big plug. it seems as if i am supposed to fit the two plugs into the one i was supplied with but if thats the case its not really a perfect fit. i was just wondering if you guys could give me some insight on this. i tried a few different combinations of flipping the 2 plugs switching them and so on but still no power. am i doing something wrong. hopefully you guys have delt with my vehicle before and the oem-1 because i just cannot figure it out. please help. i appreciate all input

take a pic and we'll see if we can help... it can only fit perfect 1 way... there are 2 6 pin... and 2 4 pin plugs **i think it's 6** on an 1858 harness **gm harness** and they all have a small notch that raises up on the edges of each plug... match the notches with the harness and plug in.. match these colors up if it has these... Red to Yellow... Yellow to Orange... Black to Black... that's the 3 power wires... power antenna is pink i think? that will go 2 blue on the harness... and speaker wires for front may be... tan & grey... light green & dark green... that's left & right... they will go to the whites & greys on the aftermarket harness... see if that helps...

hmmm ok so both of those plugs should fit right in there huh? and yes there are red clips on the outside...it wouldnt fit snug or anything but yea. now you are talking about the two gm harnesses coming from the dash that was plugged into the radio or are they somewhere in the back by the antenna?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.