Alpine MRV-M500 amp tuning questions

Thank you for the input, im going to set the amp tomorrow with a multi meter and see how it sounds. Also i know they say use a 50hz sound on a disc, but mtx audio has one i can play on my phone through Bluetooth, would that be just as good? Or do you have to use a cd?

Thank you for the input, im going to set the amp tomorrow with a multi meter and see how it sounds. Also i know they say use a 50hz sound on a disc, but mtx audio has one i can play on my phone through Bluetooth, would that be just as good? Or do you have to use a cd?
I'd use a cd...better quality/sound.

Ok guys so i think im getting close to having this system whooped.

I just set the amp with my dmm. I turned IC off so the door speakers weren't playing, unhooked the positive speaker leads from the amp, set sub volume, head unit bass,mid and treb at 0. Set hpf to 160 set lpf on amp at its highest setting with gain and bass eq all the way down. Since i use my phone via Bluetooth to play all my music i went to mtx audio site and played a 50z test tone. Cranked it up to 28 about 75% of 35 which is max volume. Took my dmm and read the positive and negative speaker terminals and set the gain to just under 32v which would be max output of 500 watts rms at 2ohm load. ( i know my speakers are only rated for 200 each but im sure they can handle 250 each). After i set it i turned the lpf back down to 80hz and left bass eq at 0. Set hpf in head unit at 80hz bass at 0 mid at +5 and treb at +5. Does this sound like i did this correctly? I can say it sounds much better than i had it before, the gain is actually a little lower than i had it before. Plus at about 26-27 this thing hits way harder than it did with my old mtx audio amp.

Would a cd test tone make a difference? I use my iphone 7 to play pandora via Bluetooth and i was thinking the test tone off mtx audio played through my phone would be compared the same as using my phone to play music

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.