Alpine MRV-M500 amp tuning questions

Ok so I was a little off when I said 4v...yours is 2v which means the gain on the amp has to be turned up a little more than normal.

Ok but it says on there to set voltage to ac and should be 6v or lower? Mine needs to read 31v? Also i know you disconnect the positive sub wires but you just stick the positive probe to positive and negative probe to negative speaker terminals on the amp and adjust gain up or down until you get correct voltage?

Thanks man, great advice,

So i should set sub level to the middle and bass level in my head unit to 0 when doing the test?

Also i watched a video from mtx audio and they said to turn the gain all the way down the bass eq all the way down and lpf all the way up when doing the test, does the lpf have to be all the way up?

Actually my subs are only rated at 200 rms each, should i set it for the subs required rms or set it for amp rms?

400 rms total x 2ohm load is 800. Square of 800 is 28.28. However max amp watts rms is 500 x 2ohm load = 1000. Square of 1000 is 31.62

also it says to put hu volume at 75% but i saw a video where he said the particular head unit he had was capable of going max volume without distortion, how do you know?

Gain setting on amp using a DMM should be set at 31.6
Actually my subs are only rated at 200 rms each, should i set it for the subs required rms or set it for amp rms?400 rms total x 2ohm load is 800. Square of 800 is 28.28. However max amp watts rms is 500 x 2ohm load = 1000. Square of 1000 is 31.62
Yup, I got it from a chart actually....a "cheat sheet" lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.