Alpine ILX-F509

Participant count
  • Participant list

wheelert15

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just purchased a Alpine 509 and have not installed it yet. I replacing a single din Kenwood in a 08 Impala. I used the correct harness from Metra I think for the Kenwood. Should I buy the Maestro Integration kit or can I just rewire the harness from my Kenwood. Anybody that has this Alpine what are your thoughts on it? I really think I'm going to like this HU, at least compared to the Kenwood. Maybe the wrong thread for this but I also have a Dayton DSP 408 I'm going to use. It has 4 inputs and 8 out. My HU has 6 outputs counting the 2 for subs. I've been told to just use the DSP for everything and not hook up the sub outputs from HU. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to going directly to my sub amp from the HU?

Thanks man, someone else gave me the same opinion and I was thinking the same thing. Just a friend told me that was a mistake but he really couldn't say why so it made me want to get a few more opinions. I actually somewhat intimidated by all the settings possible with the dsp as well as the HU. I installed the dsp and actually had it sounding decent, not great, then made some changes and it sounds terrible atm. I kinda gave up on it til I can install the HU. My Kenwood only has 2 preamp outs, so I'm going from not enough, to too many for the inputs on the dsp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...