Alpine HU help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Have the 9833 model, one of the last good HU's by Alpine. Yesterday, I got the ai net for it

Alpine CDA-9833 CDA9833 AI-Net to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Cable

And got nothing playing my phone nor mp3 player (which is what I wanna do). The aux on the HU is on, made sure of that and tried a few more things yet still nothing.

I'm rather confused. I had an Alpine 7995 HU when I had my s10 blazer and bought a "D" shaped ai net cable as well and plugged 'er in played my mp3 player just fine thru the radio.

Not to steer off track a little but that same "D" shaped cable is also on my Alpine 9835 and I cannot for the life of me get my mp3 player to play thru that radio at all. Have tried numerous things.

I'm at a loss at this point. I thought about taking that "D" shaped cable and plugging it in the 9833 see if that would work.

Thoughts/suggestions.... @keep_hope_alive

Mp3 players don't have rca"s in them.

I also have those PDF files on my phone, the 9833 and 9835 owners manual.

Mp3 players don't have rca"s in them.

I also have those PDF files on my phone, the 9833 and 9835 owners manual.

I know they don't, that's why I said plus the other part...
Oh that's nonsense. I shouldn't need RCA's to 3.5mm then to the back of my HU.....that's a lotta extra cord I don't need.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to solve. I mean it should be plug and play. I emailed someone about the "D" shaped cable and see if that might work. That port that I bought the cable for is for the cd changer.

kce-236b might what I need.

it probably wont work, but try the method I suggested, probably different pin connections at the AI port and that cable compared to the KCA-121B...

There’s a simple and inexpensive way to connect extra devices to your Alpine Ai-NET head unit. With the KCA-121B (Versatile-Link Cable), you can connect the audio output of your DVD player, or video game console and listen through your entire Alpine system. You can even connect to your MP3 player. All you need is the KCA-121B and a RCA to mini jack adapter cable - connect one end to the head unit and you can plug the mini jack into your MP3 player and enjoy your music

http://www.abt.com/product/27901/Alpine-CDA9883.html

Knew I shoulda bought that HU I saw for 90 bucks. Even has a 3.5mm on the front face for devices. Just plug in and play away. That simple.

Perhaps best thing to do is email Alpine.....maybe I can get a straight forward answer there rather than keep buing cables/cords. I feel like I've already wasted $$ and cannot keep doing that.

KCA-235B is what PacParts recommends, and there is a replacementAlpine CDA9833 Parts and Accessories Library from Pacparts

KCA-121B is what i've used in the past. I just converted it with an adapter to 3.5mm.

you could have a crappy adapter. maybe a connection is bad.

the HU won't know there is an input unless it sees what it expects. also, you need to turn the AUX input on in the menu.

Yup, made sure the AUX was on on the HU. I had to mess around with it to make sure it was on instead of off.

I do have 2 of those KCA-235B cables. Still don't understand the deal with the RCA's and the 3.5 female RCA's instead of using the single cable like I have. To me that's just more unnecessary wiring.

I might mess around with it some more next week. Might even try the other cable....see if I can get anything out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Boomin_tahoe

5,000+ posts
Hurtin' feelings errrday.
Boomin_tahoe
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date