Alpine HU help

Participant count
  • Participant list
So, after finally buying them, I installed it earlier today and still nothing. Tried what I could diff settings, made sure the volume was turned up on my mp3 player, etc. My max volume on the HU is 35. I cranked it up and could barely hear the song playing on the mp3 player. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'm about to give up before I waste any more $$ on more cables.

Yeah, I'm baffled. It's like two contact points aren't touching enough fully to hear anything. I'm about to give up.

Just may try it on my 9835 HU.

Bit of an update: I just took out the RCA cable from my s10 which has the 9833, I give up trying. Put it in the back of the 9835 and works just fine....however, the subs don't play and I can't control the volume from the HU. So I knew I wasn't smoking crack lol. I suspect something on the back of the 9833 HU that may have gotten damaged. But it was 50 bucks long ago when I bought it. So can't really complain.

Now to figure out the sub issue. On my home receiver, I have RCA on one end and 3.5mm on the other. So when I plug in my cellphone or mp3 player, I have the receiver set to CD.

I have a few choices to choose on the Alpine 9835, Aux output, game, vcr, and something else I cannot remember. @keep_hope_alive any ideas?

Yes, on bottom. HU behaves differently to expect an external processor in the EQ/DIV position
Rich V.
So...finally got around to getting to your suggestion and within minutes, my mp3 player was working/playing just fine. Next tried my cellphone. Same thing. Finally, my music capabilities have expanded with this HU. It literally took me a few to several years dealing with this problem. You've been a big help. I just wished Alpine would have made it a little clearer in the manual for the EQ/Div switch on the bottom in order for other devices to work.

So...finally got around to getting to your suggestion and within minutes, my mp3 player was working/playing just fine. Next tried my cellphone. Same thing. Finally, my music capabilities have expanded with this HU. It literally took me a few to several years dealing with this problem. You've been a big help. I just wished Alpine would have made it a little clearer in the manual for the EQ/Div switch on the bottom in order for other devices to work.
I wish the switch was on the back or top. Glad you're rocking

Rich V.

I wish the switch was on the back or top. Glad you're rocking
Rich V.
Or on the HU itself, under Menu or something. But it's old, sorta old technology. Still works great tho.

But, it took me about 10 mins or so for the unit pullout and switch over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.